What can I do with a bucket of used oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me to offer some helpful ideas:

1. Sell it on e-Bay.

2. Use it as a Christmas stocking stuffer. Kids love it!

3. Try it on turkey or beef in lieu of gravy. Grandma's gravy can't hold a candle to used oil.

4. Dump a little into every Salvation Army collection box that you see outside of department stores.

5. Two words: Naked Twister.

quote:

Originally posted by rockerc:
the only responsible solution is to dump it on a very large burning pile (with old car parts too) of course.

shocked.gif
grin.gif

Of course. Don't forget all the old tires you can find and anything else made of rubber or plastic...
tongue.gif

grin.gif

As a company policy, all the Valvoline oil change places around here take used oil (motor oil, ATF, gear oil). This is a valuable community service that (hopefully) keeps people from dumping it elsewhere. For this reason, whenever somebody is looking for me to recommend a lube place, I point them to Valvoline.

The Valvoline change-place in town takes it too, but so does the local Advance Auto Parts, and that's where I take mine...

AutoZone will accept up to 5 gal. per day per person (at least in my area). I take mine in an old 5 gal gas can and just pour it in their receptacle. I also save out 3 or 4 quarts to use to loosen up old farm machinery. About a quart poured around on the gears and chains of an old manure spreader made it as good as new (well, good enough for flinging horse poop around.) I would not pour it on the ground, even around the house foundation, as it could find its way into the water supply.

quote:

Originally posted by TheTanSedan:
Drench mound thoroughly (after a quick dig in center with post-holer), soak thoroughly (about a quarter-gallon for our clay soil); wait ten minutes and light off with a touch of gasoline.

Sit and contemplate the screams...

Isn't this roughly how Pennsylvania caught fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back