What can be go wrong when you add too much of an additives bottle?

I was wondering, because I couldn't find it in YouTube or the search section here.

But the following as example;

- What happens when you add 50% diesel and 50% of fuel additives (the one you can buy in a bottle).
- What happens when you add 50% gasoline and 50% of fuel additives (the one you can buy in a bottle).

Thank you!

I doubt the additive has a matching octane rating. But a smidgen of octane dilution isn't a problem when used as specified. And the additive will have a different base but it's still going to burn. But too much of it might burn badly.

once added too much Lucas Fuel Treatment to a Buell XB12XT...ran pretty rough until I was able to top off the tank and dilute it. 1 bottle was supposed to treat "up to 25 gallons" and I put it in a tank of about 4.5. Drove about 40 miles with it running poorly, topped off the tank, and it was ok until I ran out the tank.

Nothing! added a gal of Lacquer thinner to my trucks 16 gal tank. Truck runs smoother and no aftereffects, said to clean up your cat convertor, don't know what else is getting cleaned but so far so good. ;)

I was bored once and dumped a whole gallon of Lucas fuel treatment into a 1977 Suburban with an almost full 40ish? Gallon tank. Didn’t make a difference at all. Just reinforced my idea that stuff is useless.

Back