What battery is OEM in Toyotas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope my friend chimes in. 01 Sequoia and battery problems lately. 5 year battery lasting 2 years, I sent him this link.

Battery in my 2015 Sienna just died one morning few months ago without any warning, and temperatures were not dropping below freezing yet, plus vehicle is garaged. When I took out battery, which was OE, it was made by Johnson. Got Interstate which I think it is also Johnson.

Last edited:
All of the Toyota/Lexus vehicles that I've owned had Panasonic batteries as did my Japanese made Honda's & Mazda's. My US made Honda's had Delco and I can't remember what my Nissan's had.

Toyota batteries are junk these days. My '16 Tundra battery lasted only 2 years!
Whoever makes them now they are junk.
My old Tacoma battery lasted 9-10 years!
I bought Sears Diehard and that Also lasted 9-10 years
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted by CT Rob
My 2017 Tundras battery lasted about 25 months and poof dead with ZERO warning.A very common issue with Tundras it seems.

I had a Volvo battery last 10 yrs, my motorcraft batteries in my powerstroke were still good when I replaced them at 8 yrs. since then every battery I've had die gave no warning at all. Now I replace batteries at the 3 yr Mark with Costco interstates. For under $100 it's good piece of mind because they never go out in the driveway. They'll crap out in the grocery store parking lot 200 mile from home @10pm.

Originally Posted by D1dad
I had a Volvo battery last 10 yrs, my motorcraft batteries in my powerstroke were still good when I replaced them at 8 yrs. since then every battery I've had die gave no warning at all. Now I replace batteries at the 3 yr Mark with Costco interstates. For under $100 it's good piece of mind because they never go out in the driveway. They'll crap out in the grocery store parking lot 200 mile from home @10pm.

Dang you shop far away!

Originally Posted by E150GT

Dang you shop far away!

I think he's playing Mr Murphy here--odds are, it'll go at the worst time.

But I agree with him, I've started buying Walmart batteries. If I ever have a problem, Walmart is never far away. Might not be the cheapest option but I doubt that it's the most expensive one either, and convenience has its cost.

Battery in my VW Tiguan is still original, and that little thing runs hot like [censored]. I am not sure who makes batteries for them though.

I replaced my OEM battery on my 2008 Corolla after 9 years. Car was still cranking fine but it failed the load test at Walmart.

Originally Posted by steveh
I replaced my OEM battery on my 2008 Corolla after 9 years. Car was still cranking fine but it failed the load test at Walmart.

Are you sure it is battery and not Walmart?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back