What are your Thanksgiving day plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it off but am working Black Friday. My elder brother, sister-in-law and my younger sister are coming over. My wife ordered and is picking up a fresh non frozen heritage turkey on Tuesday. She is trying to get a smaller hen instead of a Tom because they taste better. She is making the turkey on Wednesday night until it's 150F, putting it in the fridge, carving it after it rest, back to the fridge and reheating to 160 in the steam oven on Thanksgiving.

For the first time in about 15 years we are staying home. For the past 15 years we've gone to Vegas. It gives us a nice break and it avoids any family drama. However, this year, my mother in law was recently diagnosed with a rare form of skin cancer and we're unsure of the prognosis. We'd have the family at our place but that causes drama due to some immaturity from various family members. My wife is not handling this diagnosis well and really wants a nice quiet time.

Making a Turkey and enjoying solitude away from people. Looking at heading up to the AACA Museum in Hershey Pa. sometime between Friday and Sunday. The new winter to spring display started yesterday, competition racing vehicles.

Making a turkey, pumpkin pie, potatoes, and Honey Baked for the ham and remaining sides. Costco had a HBH $100 gift card for $80. Food is pretty good, just have to avoid the lines by picking everything up a day before the rush on the 21st.

Will go to sons house in Omaha. We will bring the turkey, and some pies, and our daughter in law is a great cook. Daughter and son in law were also coming but decided to go to their daughters in Minnesota. So will just be the 4 of us I guess.

golf, eating, nap, eating, sleep
caddyshack_photo3.jpg

For years now the same as always, I'll get home that morning and rest for a minute then start cooking the traditional feast for the girlfriend, pooch and I. Drink beer while everything is coming together, then eat and sleep.

I usually do some online shopping later that night but after already Christmas shopping for the GF, got a new roof put on the house last week, yesterday started getting some major dental work done with more in two weeks, and today a new battery in the car. I am spent for this year!

The wife and I are staying home, and we'll eat like there's no tomorrow (y)

Last year it was an Italian feast with lasagna and the works. This year, it's a BBQ feast: 24-hour sous-vide pork shoulder followed by several hours in the smoker, baked beans, skillet-fried buttered corn, mac and cheese, angel biscuits, etc. 🐷

Son is smoking a Turkey, probably have stuffing, green beans, wife’s deviled eggs, homemade yams, pumpkin pie, etc
watch some football, maybe do some rimfire target shooting with the grandkids…….

Heading out to the Ozarks in SW Missouri to work. Helping out a friend who lost her Husband last year.
She's got a huge house on 35 acres. Lots of chores. (Then lots of good food.)

Also get to visit her neighbor who is a 96 yo retired Navy Master Chief. We've become good friends over the last 10 years. He rides his ATV showing me around the hills and valleys while I ride my dual sport. He's hard to keep up with. Not sure how many more Thanksgivings he has in him though. 😞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back