Roasting A Turkey...Fresh Or Frozen?

I understand you. I'm 33 and had to take matters into my own hands. I convinced my mother and sisters to let me buy all the ingredients and I'm taking charge of the Turkey this year with my dad. I would say a prayer and politely bring your concerns to your sister and see if she is willing. If the food turns out delicious then everyone will be happy and you'll be happy too.

I got a turkey from my local farmer as well. She said I got her largest turkey at 25 pounds. It's in my fridge taking up most of the room. 38 pounds is huge hahahaha WOW
Local farm raised is the way to go. Very cool. That's a good neighbor because local farm raised turkeys near me go from $7-9 /lb so your turkey is pushing close to $300. Enjoy!

WholeFoods has plenty of fresh organic turkeys, but otherwise yup!
Holy old posts Batman.

We always get a frozen one. Fresh doesn’t seem to be available. We thaw it usually at least 3 days before cooking and we cook it however grandma does which I think is in the oven but I’m not sure.

I have had several fresh ones and they were no better in my opinion than frozen. So I cannot justify the premium price for a fresh one with all the gimmicks thrown in.

Back