What are you working on today?

Spent the entire day at a farm consignment auction. Made a good haul. Bought the flatbed trailer, Club Car golf cart, bale wagon, culvert pipe, a 1961 Chevy Spartan lime truck and some aluminum scrap for a project I have coming up.

Golf cart is supposed to be sold on Monday, trailer will be listed when the title arrives, Chevy chassis will be listed when the title arrives(I'm keeping the lime bed). Looking for a newer chassis preferably with air brakes to put the bed on. I'll probably have it blasted and painted and reseal all of the gear boxes on it.
Beautiful truck!

On the bright side I'm REALLY impressed at your steady hand for cutting that access hole! Nice work :D
You can thank Mr. Toyoda's minivan engineers for including that access panel. Previas are excellent vans, but a pain in the butt to service the engine bay. At least that doesn't appear to be the more complex supercharged version!

PXL_20230430_185005350.jpg

....this ****ing car :(
On the plus side, I think I actually know where it's coming from now
My small dehumidifier will dry it out when the heavy rains stop soon

I cleaned out my shed and repaired a shelf that was wonky . Put everything back in a more orderly fashion .

Replaced the monroe struts to FCS in the Focus. I think it's quiet now. Now it's a waiting game to see what breaks next. Not really work but flushed the water system on the RV. Somehow rv antifreeze worked it's way into the water heater.. now that smelled awful. We've already it used it a couple times this year without issue so no idea.

Long delayed project. And after audio upgrade, suspension upgrade, 3 stage intake manifold and tune, this might be last project on this BMW.
Last year I bought front Brembo calipers from BMW F30 335I. They are bolt on. Year before I got rear Brembo from E82 and E90 328/330 performance package. Needed painting before installing (hopefully this week):
IMG_1648.jpeg
IMG_1647.jpeg
IMG_1652.jpeg

Started 4.8L LS build. Nothing special just a stock engine. Crank was cut .010” on mains and rods. Clearances came in at .0025” +/- .0002. Rods were right at .003”. .004” crank end play. Melling high volume pump. New cam/bearings/lifters. New pistons and rings/bored .030”. Waiting on valley cover seals and a set of cylinder head dowels (machine shop misplaced them 🤷🏻‍♂️). Otherwise it would be done.

Attachments

• IMG_8117.jpeg
    IMG_8117.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 70449563084__7F027B7A-E83F-496B-A699-D09A921C45C6.jpeg
    70449563084__7F027B7A-E83F-496B-A699-D09A921C45C6.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8116.jpeg
    IMG_8116.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8115.jpeg
    IMG_8115.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8114.jpeg
    IMG_8114.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8113.jpeg
    IMG_8113.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8112.jpeg
    IMG_8112.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8111.jpeg
    IMG_8111.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 18
Went to Pick and Pull after a friend’s housewarming and grabbed an inner splash shield. And I realized I grabbed her sunglasses by accident.

Started 4.8L LS build. Nothing special just a stock engine. Crank was cut .010” on mains and rods. Clearances came in at .0025” +/- .0002. Rods were right at .003”. .004” crank end play. Melling high volume pump. New cam/bearings/lifters. New pistons and rings/bored .030”. Waiting on valley cover seals and a set of cylinder head dowels (machine shop misplaced them 🤷🏻‍♂️). Otherwise it would be done.

Take a LM603049/A-37 bearing & cut the cage off, Use the taper rollers to plug the AFM/DOD Towers. The Valley Cover is known to flex with pressure over @50 PSI.

Got one of my hoses done that broke. I ordered a genuine Toyota PCV valve but it doesn’t fit. Wondering if the parts guy ordered one for a USA built Camry instead of Japan. My 1994 is Japan built my 2004 is USA built. See the differences. Maybe someone else will know . I don’t work on many of these engines so I don’t know. View attachment 153416
When I had my Camry and got OEM parts I always gave Toyota parts guy whole VIN

Never got any wrong parts. 🙊🙊

Going to be doing the first oil change with the 2012 Honda Civic I acquired in March.

Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 0w20
Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter

1992 Chevrolet Corvette
Replaced oil filter adapter seals, bolts for the adapter, changed oil

Stripped the suspension and steering off a 1965 Pontiac tempest frame, pulled the rear end and trailing arms, pulled the engine/transmission off. Removed all old brake and fuel lines, brackets etc. Someone's coming tomorrow to buy the frame only.

Checked the front end on a 2006 Chevy 2500, got front end work to do on it tomorrow

What a day.....Customer with the '14 Silverado (Broke 3 rods from fording high water) was able to make a Insurance claim, It got totaled.
A raggedy wreaker shows up & the driver wants to pick the truck up, The Wreaking Yard he works for bought it from the Insurance company. Not so fast...I'm owed tear-down & storage. Said he was told to come get the truck & to take it up with the Insurance company.
The last time I heard from the Adjuster was for a quote to replace the engine, And my Customer came by a few days later to get his belongings out & informed me that the truck was totaled.

I tried calling the Adjuster, No answer. Driver copped an attitude & said he's not leaving without the truck.....Well the trucks not leaving 'til I get paid & as I have possession, Not sure how you think this is going to go down? He calls his boss & I overhear the driver say "I can't get to it" & "What do you want me to do?"
Driver then wants me to talk to his boss & try's to hand me his phone, I decline & tell the driver to have his boss call me & gave him my number. (I have a thing about touching peoples phones & this guy was not the poster child of personal hygiene!)
Get a call right away.....This guys a bigger "Massengill" than the driver, Saying he owns the truck & has a right to it.
No....It's MY truck 'til the balance is paid & I want CASH, In fact I'm adding another hour for dealing with You & your Driver.

This guy went off, I sat my phone down while he was yelling & didn't catch all the crap he was spewing. To tie all this together....I've had dealings with this Wreaking Yard, They screwed me on a Engine a couple years ago, Sold me a Vortec 5.7L with 4 spun rod bearings & had to fight tooth & nail for months to get my money back.

I was being petty/vengeful at this point, Saying anything I thought would make him more angry. At the end I say "Tell your driver to leave so I can add another $25 storage fee to the Invoice.....If you're not here tomorrow with my money I'll add another $25"

2007 GMC AWD Yukon Denali, L92/6L80E, 310,000 miles, Leaking oil profusely, Engine needs pulled & completely resealed, Doubt the customer will put that kind of money in it?

Got back on the Ford 5.0L, Finished up the Heads & Torqued them down. This has Adjustable valvetrain using some odd school Comp Cams roller tipped Rockers about identical to a Small Block Chevy which I found odd for a SBF. Set Lifter preload to .060" using dial indicator.
Masked & painted the short block. Trying to talk to owner into a Milodon Oil Pan.....

gy0CiwE.jpg

SlaGKdC.jpg

What a day.....Customer with the '14 Silverado (Broke 3 rods from fording high water) was able to make a Insurance claim, It got totaled.
A raggedy wreaker shows up & the driver wants to pick the truck up, The Wreaking Yard he works for bought it from the Insurance company. Not so fast...I'm owed tear-down & storage. Said he was told to come get the truck & to take it up with the Insurance company.
The last time I heard from the Adjuster was for a quote to replace the engine, And my Customer came by a few days later to get his belongings out & informed me that the truck was totaled.

I tried calling the Adjuster, No answer. Driver copped an attitude & said he's not leaving without the truck.....Well the trucks not leaving 'til I get paid & as I have possession, Not sure how you think this is going to go down? He calls his boss & I overhear the driver say "I can't get to it" & "What do you want me to do?"
Driver then wants me to talk to his boss & try's to hand me his phone, I decline & tell the driver to have his boss call me & gave him my number. (I have a thing about touching peoples phones & this guy was not the poster child of personal hygiene!)
Get a call right away.....This guys a bigger "Massengill" than the driver, Saying he owns the truck & has a right to it.
No....It's MY truck 'til the balance is paid & I want CASH, In fact I'm adding another hour for dealing with You & your Driver.

This guy went off, I sat my phone down while he was yelling & didn't catch all the crap he was spewing. To tie all this together....I've had dealings with this Wreaking Yard, They screwed me on a Engine a couple years ago, Sold me a Vortec 5.7L with 4 spun rod bearings & had to fight tooth & nail for months to get my money back.

I was being petty/vengeful at this point, Saying anything I thought would make him more angry. At the end I say "Tell your driver to leave so I can add another $25 storage fee to the Invoice.....If you're not here tomorrow with my money I'll add another $25"

2007 GMC AWD Yukon Denali, L92/6L80E, 310,000 miles, Leaking oil profusely, Engine needs pulled & completely resealed, Doubt the customer will put that kind of money in it?

Got back on the Ford 5.0L, Finished up the Heads & Torqued them down. This has Adjustable valvetrain using some odd school Comp Cams roller tipped Rockers about identical to a Small Block Chevy which I found odd for a SBF. Set Lifter preload to .060" using dial indicator.
Masked & painted the short block. Trying to talk to owner into a Milodon Oil Pan.....

gy0CiwE.jpg

SlaGKdC.jpg
Looking forward to hearing the rest of the wrecker company saga. Good looking engine. I like the blue.

My aging father can't really lift the hood of his '06 LJ (now with a whopping 26k miles) due to shoulder issues and general atrophy.

Installed a RC hood lift kit for him today. The hood insulation threw me for a loop -- wasn't expecting it based on vids I'd watched -- and he would tweak if I wanted to just discard it. So I made it work.

One of the flag nuts was assembled incorrectly and this was in their garage. Times like that I really miss being in my shop. All I really needed was a 5/16-18 tap but nothing like that exists in their garage.
20230502_164356.jpg

Well let's see, on the 2016 Accent, over the last couple weeks I replaced the Hydraulic motor mount, unfroze (the adjuster) and adjusted my rear drum brakes (was really starting to feel like I was driving with three wheel braking), finally diagnosed my blower motor problem (it was the relay!), replaced a faulty fuel rail pressure sensor (which turned out to be the culprit for an intermittent lean at load code), and just today changed the transmission fluid for, I think, the 11th time???

About a month ago I also installed and balanced 3 new tires, moved my spare tire from the trunk to the car and swapped the tpms sensor (old wheel was bent and tire was flat spotted).

At 221,113 miles, I just need to do the trans mount, put a new belt on (over 110k on the current one) and do the rear shocks for the second time and I'll be done with the to-do list for awhile.

Painting is done and tape is stripped. It’s not perfect, but it’s certainly better than before. The plastic “chrome” trim that was peeling and chipping is sanded, with the taping started. I got bored of sanding and taping, so I decided to just start on the headlight restoration. Which, to no one’s surprise, involved much more taping and sanding. At least it’s done!

Before:
IMG_2348.jpeg

First pass at sanding:
IMG_2349.jpeg

Second pass at sanding:
IMG_2350.jpeg

Clear coat applied:
IMG_2351.jpeg

Well worth the effort, in my opinion. Took about 30 minutes.

Back