What are you working on today?

Did a few things today on my 05 CRV.

Replaced AC condenser fan, just in time for the humid summer weather. Pic is the old wobbly fan.

TYC 610530 from RA

Also replaced my air filter, and cabin airfilter with a Denso product. (453-6054/143-3175). The old ones were the el cheapo ultra power from RA. Interval is 20k kms.

And turkey bastered the PS and refilled with genuine honda ps fluid.

Attachments

• 20220703_161524.jpg
    20220703_161524.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220703_161612.jpg
    20220703_161612.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 4
Transmission service on the Buick. Dropped the pan, new filter, Trans-go shift kit. I believe the 4T65E is 13 quarts. I got 8 out.
I finally picked up a fluid extractor. I should have purchased it 20 years ago, no mess when dropping the pan. Looks really good for a 130,000 4T65E. Either they did more than 2 services or the transmission has been redone before. Hardly any material in there, not much on the magnet.
I filtered the fluid that came out of the extractor, nothing in there either.
The shift kit is always worth the time and money on these.

I suspect at some point I will have to do wheel bearings as is typical of this type of car, but nothing yet.

So new intake gasket, front brakes, transmission service with shift kit, oil pressure sending unit (it had a leak 15 dollars for the GM sensor and 20 mins) wheels and radio. Now it is where I want it to be.
20220703_120558.jpg

20220703_120602.jpg

20220703_122126.jpg

20220703_122138.jpg

20220703_122250.jpg

Did a few things today on my 05 CRV.

Replaced AC condenser fan, just in time for the humid summer weather. Pic is the old wobbly fan.

TYC 610530 from RA

Also replaced my air filter, and cabin airfilter with a Denso product. (453-6054/143-3175). The old ones were the el cheapo ultra power from RA. Interval is 20k kms.

And turkey bastered the PS and refilled with genuine honda ps fluid.
Dang, that is a big cabin air filter!

Full wash, wax, tire goop, and trim treatment on the wife’s crv. 3 hours of study and notes.

i really appreciate the tips and tricks offered here by bitogers. I’m using known good products, saving myself time and money. My wife is happy with her car, and I don’t mind it since the good products last longer.

ordered the fox coilovers for the front of the f150, since the rears have settled in nicely. Unfortunately it may be 2-3 weeks before I can do them- my wife has me scheduled for truck duty next weekend, and the weekend after that is our oil change service for widows and wives of deployed servicemen. I’ll be itching to get started once they are here.

Tomorrow I am getting a new key fob programmed for my Corvette at a local non-dealership. I am not sure how much it will cost but I have the key fob and they said I could wait for it. I lost one of mine and I need an extra because we are going on some long trips and I always like to have an extra key fob.

Started unpacking the garage from our latest move. Always a challenge to fit it all in and organize the items. Decided this will take multiple stages, as I don't have the room to permanently place items immediately.

Struggled to place the tool boxes in the space identified. Ended up removing the pull handle from the blue box to have all three boxes fit.
PXL_20220704_154424778.jpg

PXL_20220704_210138176.jpg
PXL_20220704_222827603.jpg

Spent yesterday & today building a TH400 for my Handyman/Porter, Guy's had a real run of bad luck so I'm just helping him get his truck running.

He ran his TH400 extremely low on fluid & burnt down the Forward Clutch. Upon teardown.....The entire unit was in rough shape. 1989 R3500 Crew SRW, 454 with over 300,000 miles.

Trying to do this cheap as possible without cutting corners, So I had to sacrifice another Jaguar XJS TH400 core, This one from a '87 model. These cores are really of no use to anybody because they will outlast any Jaguar 5.3L V12 3 times over & they don't fit anything else because the Jaguar specific bellhousing.

It was absolutely pristine inside with zero wear! Except the Pump Bushing that had Arch damage from a bad ground (Very common on 80's XJS's)
*All internal parts form the Jaguar core were used in the Chevy case.
*New rubber seals throughout because the age of the unit, They were just starting to harden.
*Replace the Dished Cushion Plates in the Forward & Direct Clutch with earlier TH400 Waved Cushion Plates as the Dished Plates have a tendency to break. In fact the '89 Chevy Core had a broke dished plate in it.
*Cleaned the '89 Chevy case up after flat filing the Valve Body surface.
*Only had to shim the Endplay .015" on the rear & .007" on the front.
*Drilled out the 2nd clutch feed to .093" & 3rd clutch feed to .099".

Yes....Those are factory 1987 frictions.....

g1q1oDk.jpg

cZbxbTa.jpg

VDsf73C.jpg

3bvU4pN.jpg

njhnEAu.jpg

NXLdWPg.jpg

mLUuDon.jpg

XHM8RJh.jpg

PLjlQRm.jpg

uoO8go4.jpg

3dX7QH7.jpg

TFVe69O.jpg

I have been playing around with building a diffuser for some of my DSLR lenses. The idea is to lightly stretch some fine black silk over the rear element of the lens and attach it in such a way that the material doesn't touch the rear element and allows full and free movement of the various couplings and electronic elements found on the mounting flange of the lens.

Cinematographers use a specific tape for this purpose, 3M double-stick ATG tape, usually 1/4″ or 1/2″ wide. Strangely, it's called "snot tape" in the business.

The material used is often a fine denier silk found in women's tights and stockings. The silk I was most interested in trying arrived on Thursday, and I spent some time examining it and learning the best way to trim it to size. It's not difficult, but care must be taken so the fabric doesn't shed or come apart. The snot tape helps in that regard.

I should be ready to run some test shots Tuesday or Wednesdy.

Well, I worked on attending a BBQ, what for it being a holiday 🇺🇲
The steaks I brought were a hit 🎯
Then, as with every major holiday, it became my problem to transport those who couldn't drive themselves
Yes I've had to wrestle keys off people, luckily this year no one put up a fight
PXL_20220705_031319420.jpg

Got in one person's generic 8th gen Civic, with door locks that would neither lock/unlock at will, and the classic Honda airbag light
...gonna have to look into that on the weekend

And I got a ride back in a Model 3, with the full VIP quilted white vegan leather armrest/pillow spec 🤣
PXL_20220705_032532621~2.jpg

The stick on accent lighting had me 😆

Finished up the 4 wheel brake upgrade on the Kia today. PowerStop Z23 pads with coated rotors. The brake feel is back, and I only need to use half the amount of force to get the car to stop. No vibrations or shimmies. Very happy with the improvement.

Next up will be a brake/clutch fluid flush to finish out the job.

Don’t mind the rusty caliper, going to have the fluid flushed first and then I’m going to paint them with caliper paint black.
4388AE48-6642-4141-99A6-BE3F5903912E.jpeg
291B772C-9C8B-4F94-B8A9-70732AF90E1C.jpeg

Back