What are you working on today?

Had to put a gallon of oil in dads truck and added half a gallon of anti freeze and tightened up a few bolts that had come loose. When I get back home after he leaves for work I’ll probably Jack up the truck and see what size piston I need to get to rebuild the calipers. I priced a battery today at Walmart and it’s $98.76 so I’m not sure who I am going to go with yet still many choices lol. If I don’t get to Jack up the truck today then I’ll do it sometime tomorrow so I can get the piston and boots ordered. First I’m going to check the slide pins to see if they have anything on them if not that maybe the whole issue.

IMG_3460.JPG

Straightened the wheel wells on this trailer today. Friend of mine has frame pots in the concrete floor in his shop so we chained it down to the floor and used cribbing and a porta-power to push them back up. This pic doesn't show it well at all but they had sagged enough from overloading that they rubbed on the tires when my track loader was on it.

Ended up taking in a 66 Mustang for radiator replacement, radiator hoses, heater hoses, a thermostat and water pump. Also doing an oil change and spark plugs. All the cooling system work is done and I have to do the plugs and service in the morning. First thing in the morning I'm taking the other three wheels off my F100 to get the tires put on. Master cylinder hopefully will be in tomorrow.

Removed all the glass in this ZX2 before delivering on Friday to a guy making a race car out of it. Said he has no need for it on the track so instead of busting them out, he said I could take them out beforehand. Doors, quarters, windshield, back window.

01.jpg

Done two CV axles at work today and that was about it. Boss didn’t do anything and my other 4 coworkers done an oil change each and I think one done some electrical diagnostics for a problem with the battery draining overnight or something like that. I’ve been locating parts all day. Trying to source some nickel anti seize locally for the brake bleeders on the calipers I’m rebuilding but I’ve been to every dealership except a few and every parts store and no luck. If we still had Grainger they would have it because they used too.

Ended up putting new door panels on the mustang and sent it on it's way. Got the master cylinder and brake hoses for the F100, going to install all of it this weekend hopefully. Probably going to go ahead and pull the gas tank out of it as well.

Tomorrow I've got a Chevy Tahoe to replace the oil cooler mount gaskets on. May end up getting new oil cooler lines too.

Back