What are you working on today?

Got my truck running. I cleaned the carburetor bowl really good it was gummed up pretty good and then I replaced the fuel filter which was pitch black and jumped it and it fired up. It died when I took the jumper cables off but that’s because the battery is bad. I will buy a battery soon and then try to rebuild the front calipers if I can’t get a kit I’ll replace them. Also needs front rotors and to do that the bearings have to come out since the hub is in front of the rotors so I will at least repack the bearings if not replace them and the races.

1618012734962.jpg

Changed out cabin filter on my daughter's 2012 Mazda 3. Old one was about two years old with 20000km, Ultra Power brand, and replaced with another Ultra Power.

Not today but tommorow, an atf drain and fill (2nd one) and an oil change on the Kia Optima. Just got back from a 1900 mile road trip to Illinois (the land of expensive gas btw). First road trip in it and it was very enjoyable. I must say Kia certainly has come a long way.

Last edited:
Got my truck running. I cleaned the carburetor bowl really good it was gummed up pretty good and then I replaced the fuel filter which was pitch black and jumped it and it fired up. It died when I took the jumper cables off but that’s because the battery is bad. I will buy a battery soon and then try to rebuild the front calipers if I can’t get a kit I’ll replace them. Also needs front rotors and to do that the bearings have to come out since the hub is in front of the rotors so I will at least repack the bearings if not replace them and the races.
Good to hear you got it going.

Good to hear you got it going.
Thanks. Yes I’m super excited now I just wish I had money for all these parts. I have to register it on the 27th since that’s when my appointment is. It’s getting antique plates. It has to be done by the 27th because that is 30 days from purchase or what we wrote on the title. If you are late it’s $10 extra every 30 days. I want to get an interstate battery but it’s $50 more than anything else might be waiting on that.

Thanks. Yes I’m super excited now I just wish I had money for all these parts. I have to register it on the 27th since that’s when my appointment is. It’s getting antique plates. It has to be done by the 27th because that is 30 days from purchase or what we wrote on the title. If you are late it’s $10 extra every 30 days. I want to get an interstate battery but it’s $50 more than anything else might be waiting on that.
Think I'd get a cheap battery for now and get the more pressing stuff done. You can always upgrade later. Ever start from wal mart are decent for the price.

Think I'd get a cheap battery for now and get the more pressing stuff done. You can always upgrade later. Ever start from wal mart are decent for the price.
Yeah I have priced every place. Walmart and Rural King and Tractor Supply are cheapest followed by Napa, Advance Auto, Auto Zone and last O’Reilly and Interstate. The last Everstart we got lasted about 3 years it went until a month after warranty 😂. The one before that was a month before warranty so we were able to get it warrantied that time.

Got a lot done on the F100.
-set the idle on the carburetor
-replaced the alternator belts
-adjusted the drivers door so it shuts properly
-replaced the leaking fuel pump
-replaced fuel line between fuel pump and carburetor, new fuel filter
-changed the oil

Washed the exterior windows of the house. Also washed the outside light fixtures. I use anti seize on the bolts when I put them back together.

Going to be installing laminate floors in one of the bedrooms that is used as an office. Removed half the baseboards to avoid using quarter round in the install. Room needs to be repainted as well.

I'd be inclined to think that might be a punch, not a screwdriver? I know I have a few tapered edge punches that are coloured like the shaft on that one.

Lazy day today. I won't have a master cylinder until the first of the week for the F100 and all my household chores are done. Currently just sipping coffee and listening to Prime Country on Sirius XM.

Yeah, it's a punch. Tire is lost.
That sucks. Those are actually called chisels, 5/16" maybe? A good tire shop may be able to patch that but it's hard to tell, it looks more like a tear from the image. This winter I purchased a set of brand new winter tires and within a few months I picked up a roofing nail in the sidewall. :mad:

That sucks. Those are actually called chisels, 5/16" maybe? A good tire shop may be able to patch that but it's hard to tell the size of the chisel from the image. This winter I purchased a set of brand new winter tires and within a few months I picked up a roofing nail in the sidewall. :mad:
Went to the tire shop, but it’s not fixable. It didn’t go in radially, but in an angle and tore the steel wire. Took some effort to pull out...So new tire will be.

Back