What are you working on today?

We had an '85 626 that used a very similar system - I just looked for the factory service manual, but think I must have given it away at some point. We retired the car in 2005, but I have memories of doing some work on the carb in 2001. Lotta water under the bridge since then, though.
That’s cool. I’m used to working on old domestic carburetors like from Ford and Chevy never have fooled with these import ones so it’s kinda new to me.

As I recall, one day, very suddenly, the car refused to idle. If you kept the revs up, it was OK, but it would stall at idle.

After going down way too many rabbit trails, I found that a solenoid related to the feedback system was not operating properly. It was either getting 12 V when it shouldn't, or not getting 12 V when it should - can't remember, too long ago. Anyway, I cleaned up the connection, and all was well. Like many repairs, the troubleshooting was hard, and the repair was easy.

Isn't that always the way? LOL!
Ugh, now I have been asked to find a rattle that is emanating from the rear shelf area. 🤦🏻‍♂️

C074A650-880B-404E-A509-E21892E32992.jpeg

2010 Malibu coming for front brakes, tire rotation and an oil change. Later this afternoon I'm headed to go pick up my F100.

About to do my second Zoomer … hope to get an hour or two outside today … much to do …

Just got home with the Ford. Tomorrow I've got a Tacoma coming for front pads and an oil change, and an Astro van coming to look at a brake fluid leak on the rear, probably wheel cylinders.

Attachments

• 20210406_203526.jpg
    20210406_203526.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 8
You have a wood burner?
Yes we have a wood burning insert. We've been using it for the majority of our heat for the 23 years we've been in this house. I'm starting to get a bit tired of it. I still need another 2 cords of wood.

Got the Tacoma done before lunch. The astro is torn down awaiting me finishing the wheel cylinder replacement. I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey coming tomorrow for valve cover gaskets. Hopefully this weekend I'll be going to pick up a set of door glass for my F100. The goal right now is to get the windows in so the cab is no longer open, get a temporary fuel supply rigged up so I can run the engine, and get some amount of brakes on it so it can be moved around the shop. It needs a master cylinder for starters, and I'm hoping with that replaced I can at least get front brakes on it for now.

Oil change and greasing the quad. Then did the rear diff gear oil on my 3500. 100,000km on the truck and about 60 on the oil.

Could have, should have waited but the kids are gone for a few days, the weather was nice and my wife might have a bunch of hauls slated this month. Plus I have had this group 4 80w140 sitting around since about 2014. Still have enough for another change even.

Nothing extraordinary found. Oil wasn't grossly dark, no glitter and next to nothing on the magnet.

Attachments

• 20210407_183552.jpg
    20210407_183552.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 4
Got the astro and the odyssey done. Got a 13 impala for tomorrow for a passenger axle replacement and oil change. Might get my windows put in the F100 tomorrow afternoon.

Got the door glasses and vent windows put in the F100. Got a one gallon gas can in the left rear corner of the engine compartment to run it off of. Ordering a new napa master cylinder tomorrow and going to replace the rear axle brake line. Got to idle up the carburetor for it to stay running, but the engine sounds good.

Back