What are you working on today?

Blower motor R&R + cleaning on the '07 Sentra
Book time is 4.7 hrs, I think I had it done in 90 minutes (including coffee run)
I used an OEM blower motor, and clean in there good, I wouldn't wanna do it twice 😳
1000011864.jpg

1000011865.jpg

1000011866.jpg

1000011868.jpg

1000011867.jpg

1000011870.jpg

Lots of cleaning and disinfecting, did the best I could
I've got the up the EVAP drain tube refresher kit planned for next weekend, at least now the kid can defog the windows 🤷‍♂️
The A/C is just adequate, maybe I'll throw the gauge set on and top it off
Side loading the blower horizontally behind the radio is not one of Nissans better ideas 🙄
Same with making a FWD I4 that requires intake removal to change the plugs
I blame Renault 🫣

Oh, and the new engine ground strap came in
Engine ground 👎
Alambres Union 👍
1000011863.jpg

Blower motor R&R + cleaning on the '07 Sentra
Book time is 4.7 hrs, I think I had it done in 90 minutes (including coffee run)
I used an OEM blower motor, and clean in there good, I wouldn't wanna do it twice 😳
View attachment 223056
View attachment 223057
View attachment 223058
View attachment 223059
View attachment 223060
View attachment 223061
Lots of cleaning and disinfecting, did the best I could
I've got the up the EVAP drain tube refresher kit planned for next weekend, at least now the kid can defog the windows 🤷‍♂️
The A/C is just adequate, maybe I'll throw the gauge set on and top it off
Side loading the blower horizontally behind the radio is not one of Nissans better ideas 🙄
Same with making a FWD I4 that requires intake removal to change the plugs
I blame Renault 🫣
Haha! That squirrel cage looks like it ate Oscar the Grouch.

Replaced the ignition coils on my brothers 2014 Chrysler Town and Country. Plugs were also changed out and replaced NGK with NGK Iridiums. Oddly the old plugs were not fouled up, but the tips were totally worn away. The resulting gap was at least twice what it should have been. The coils were changed due to the unknown brand falling apart as they were removed.

The van was purchased second hand so who knows what someone in its past used.

Misfire that was being reported on cylinder 3 is now gone and his test run of a 50 mile round trip found no issues.

Also swapped out the faulty vapor canister purge valve (temporary replacement to move the car without setting a series of DTCs; I borrowed it for another minivan since I knew this new Mopar part was coming).

I have to change oil and coolant on this van, as well as replace the left CV axle due to a split boot and a ton of sandy gunk in there… while it’s not noisy now the grinding paste that got created surely isn’t doing the joint any benefit. 😉

My shop was very busy today in all areas of service. Started out with a couple sets of tires. I’ve gotten a lot better at tires the last few weeks which is good because I don’t have to ask for help anymore.

Then currently in the process of replacing an engine in a 4Runner that a lube tech blew up a few days ago. My first unsupervised engine replacement so kinda excited but I am going to ask for someone to check over it when I’m done and if I get stuck. I don’t know what the book pay is for it as I’m hourly but I’m sure it’s nice. They made him pay our company who had to pay the state of Tennessee to clean up the mess on the highway which is smart they made him pay. He also got two write ups for it because this is the third car he has blown up in a month the first being a Highlander on Interstate 64 in Virginia then the second being a RAV4 on US460 in Virginia as well. His only saving grace on this one was that he done this one on April 2nd and the oil filter finally got loose enough that it leaked and came off because this is the first time the customer is driving the car since then. This morning our head boss got a call from the town of Dandridge Tennessee saying they wanted us to pay for them to clean up the interstate where it blew up. We also covered the rental that we towed to the customer as well as the company tow truck that went to Dandridge to get the car. He was heading to Memphis to visit Graceland with his family on vacation. When he called he was at the I-81- I-40 junction in Dandridge. When vehicle arrived late Monday I pulled off the skid plate and there was the oil filter housing and oil filter. The tech denied working on it and insisted someone has set him up like he tried to claim on the last two while also insisting he has never made a mistake while working on a car. I told him no use trying to lie dude because he needs to realize how lucky he is to still have a job. I have blown up one car in my 5 years of wrenching and I never done it again after that because it’s a you do it once and you learn to never let it happen again type of deal. And mine was because the drain plug came out of a Mitsubishi because obviously I must of left it loose. Just mine wasn’t as catastrophic because mine happened to blow somewhere other than the interstate I think it was in a parking lot.

2015 Tundra: chasing a creak that was driving the owner nuts. I suggested a web search and it may very well have been the skidplate, even though his is aftermarket aluminum and has spacers for an OME lift.

Time will tell.....

20240604_190706.jpg

LH exhaust manifold gasket on my 1959 Ford FE. Surfaced manifold and head 2 years ago. This is the 3rd FelPro manifold gasket I've had fail.

I bought a set of Soupys header gaskets when the 2nd FelPro failed and changed the RH side (easier side) last year, waiting to see if this side would fail.

Well 2.5 hours later and back to only hearing the exhaust rumble from the tail pipes!
20240604_190817.jpg
20240604_190721.jpg
20240604_190717.jpg
20240604_190710.jpg

Parts came in for the T-56, Got the 4 speed part of the box stacked (Main Case).

I weld a washer on the Input Shaft's internal bearing cup using a slide hammer under the hole in the washer....Popped right out.

Lot's of press time building these, Used my big press to remove all the bearings & synchronizer hubs, Then used my Arbor Press to install all bearings & a couple hubs.

akfdcXr.jpeg

MhZ8KdF.jpeg

lYxIfiP.jpeg

aakdCuk.jpeg

LH exhaust manifold gasket on my 1959 Ford FE. Surfaced manifold and head 2 years ago. This is the 3rd FelPro manifold gasket I've had fail.

I bought a set of Soupys header gaskets when the 2nd FelPro failed and changed the RH side (easier side) last year, waiting to see if this side would fail.

They didn't have gaskets from the factory, Most all cast iron V8 engine of then into the 80's didn't have exhaust manifold gaskets, The cylinder heads might need surfacing to make a lasting repair without gaskets.

Using some graphite paste around the ports without gaskets might be worth a try?

They didn't have gaskets from the factory, Most all cast iron V8 engine of then into the 80's didn't have exhaust manifold gaskets, The cylinder heads might need surfacing to make a lasting repair without gaskets.

Using some graphite paste around the ports without gaskets might be worth a try?
I was wondering about that. Even on my old '90 351 I had a stock manifold planed and bolted it on with nothing more. Never had any leaks even after years of hard 'wheeling

Swapped out the left side CV axle on my brothers 2014 Chrysler Town & Country. Also installed the replacement ignition coil (one I got had a faulty wiring connector; the connector would fall out easily).

Old CV axle had a split boot as I mentioned in an earlier post, and I managed to get it out ok without too much disassembly.

Inspecting the old axle, it did throw a greasy, grimy mess all around, but I cleaned it up enough to get by. The axle came out with a few hammer blows and it was red with rust on the splines.

New NAPA CV axle went in… at least it tried to go in easily. Cleaning the wheel bearing and using some copper anti seize helped some. But it was a stiff going into the wheel hub. It’s in there, and I hope this new axle goes to the scrapper with the van. 😉

Test drive checks out, and I have only a couple small things to do before he heads out on his 300 mile trip to the southern part of the state.

I have two wheel bearings to do on another, older Town & Country but I’ll do that Saturday if I feel like it (and the weather isn’t all weird like it was yesterday).

Swapped out the left side CV axle on my brothers 2014 Chrysler Town & Country. Also installed the replacement ignition coil (one I got had a faulty wiring connector; the connector would fall out easily).

Old CV axle had a split boot as I mentioned in an earlier post, and I managed to get it out ok without too much disassembly.

Inspecting the old axle, it did throw a greasy, grimy mess all around, but I cleaned it up enough to get by. The axle came out with a few hammer blows and it was red with rust on the splines.

New NAPA CV axle went in… at least it tried to go in easily. Cleaning the wheel bearing and using some copper anti seize helped some. But it was a stiff going into the wheel hub. It’s in there, and I hope this new axle goes to the scrapper with the van. 😉

Test drive checks out, and I have only a couple small things to do before he heads out on his 300 mile trip to the southern part of the state.

I have two wheel bearings to do on another, older Town & Country but I’ll do that Saturday if I feel like it (and the weather isn’t all weird like it was yesterday).
You seem to have only minivans in your life and somehow that makes me sad for you ;)

You seem to have only minivans in your life and somehow that makes me sad for you ;)
Nothing is more utilitarian than the minivan, and we have three in our family fleet. They get the most use so they have the heaviest maintenance schedule.

I have fixed my Mini Cooper S, and my Dodge Charger Hemi is in line to be torn down for cam and lifters this summer. My Jeep Wrangler is leased and near enough new that it needs nothing.

So don’t cry for me! 😉

I have a Mercury Grand Marquis that I decided to upgrade with a set of 3.27 gears in a limited slip differential. But that’s not even ready to start yet.

Back