What are you working on today?

So a 3593A is an older Subie app, right? If so there's a host of M20x1.5 filters that should fit, although some are physically quite small like the 51365 and 57712. I think also a 6607? (memory could be hazy here) which is a kinda common motorcycle/powersports app.
Yeah I picked up a few TG9688s for it, but after I go through those might grab some TG7317 sized filters since I also use those on two of my family's Hondas. Maybe some Honda A02 filters just to have a Honda filter on a Kubota. :LOL:

Reactions: D60
Brass drift and a hammer.
I won’t tell you how many times I hit that thing with a drift punch.

Couldn’t get either of my pullers to work, hammered on it for a good long while and then finally gave up. Shop had to use their press to get it off. I Tapped it back on with a socket no problem.

Installing an Expedition One front bumper on this '19 Ranger. I'm real impressed with quality overall, although like all boutique aftermarket the instructions are terrible and the provided hardware is too short in some places.

You've gotta cut the fender flares as shown. Always makes me nervous when it's not my vehicle to f-up. I use my OMT personally.
20240208_110432.jpg

I'm basically turning my 2-post into a crude frame machine. I've got two pipe stands, a hydraulic cart and two ratchet straps on the bumper. I've finally got it as good as it's gonna get, basically splitting the difference on all the reveals and gaps so that while none are perfect, none are obviously bad either.
20240209_122411.jpg
20240209_122359.jpg

I won’t tell you how many times I hit that thing with a drift punch.

Couldn’t get either of my pullers to work, hammered on it for a good long while and then finally gave up. Shop had to use their press to get it off. I Tapped it back on with a socket no problem.
That is a new one.

Took some time this week to organize to-go bins. Every weekend I go to the family ranch to do tractor stuff. All of this was in random bins, but now trying to organize them by tasks. There are 3 Dewalt Tstaks and 2 crates. They have held up pretty good.

1) Towing bin, straps, pry bar, hammer, trailer lock, ball grease, 1 quart of hygard, 1 quart of 15w40 T4.
2) Battery bin, all the batteries. I usually bring 2-3 of each brand, the chainsaws are thirsty for power but I usually make do.
3) Tool bin, could vary based on the weekly task. This time I need to check tire inflation on the tractor, and playing with the new Dewalt Pruner to de-limb trees.
4) Chainsaw bin, towels, brake cleaner, extra chains, sharpening files, PPE, 1 quart of chain oil, funnels.
5) Grease bin, two grease guns, brake cleaner, towels, zerk unplugger tool.
6) Not pictured, 2 drawer tstak thats always in the vehicle with hand tools.

I'm looking hard at milwaukee packouts but they are pricey. Maybe someday. Sometime soon I'm going to remove the 3rd row out of my SUV, its wasting a good 4-6 inches of storage space and its too small for my kids.

1707525550856.jpg

1707525587930.jpg

1707525643276.jpg

Yesterday I helped a neighbor who's replacing the engine in a 2007 Dodge Ram with a 5.7 V8 he's trying to flip.

Engine was locked up and we pulled the oil pan, gasket/windage tray and pickup tube. Then we pulled rod and main caps until we finally were able to get the crankshaft to turn. Almost every rod bearing was spun, a few were stacked, and #5 and 6 were basically welded to the rods. Lots of cursing, beating and prying but finally we were able to remove all the rod and main caps and get the crankshaft to turn. All this was done so the torque converter bolts could be removed, otherwise the converter would have had to come out with the engine and he'd still have to get it removed anyway.

It appears someone installed a new oil pump, but did not clean the pickup tube, replace the o ring where the tube bolts to the pump, did not replace the oil pan gasket or timing cover gasket, and either forgot the oil or the blocked pickup screen would pull oil through it. I didn't think to get any pictures because frankly, I didn't want to do the job wasn't inclined to do anything but get it over with. Got paid though.

Sigh, as with all aftermarket bumpers nothing is plug 'n play.

1) the front marker electrical plugs interfere with the fender (out of sight parts of the fender) when installed in the new bumper. I crudely drilled and "die ground" (geez that seems like poor English) to clearance. I could have done a cleaner job if the bumper were OFF, but it was a HUGE PITA to get it on, so I'm not pulling it again!!!
20240209_154606.jpg
20240209_154803.jpg

2) the holes for the BSM sensors are nowhere near the right size or shape (what were you thinking Expedition One?? Did you not fit this on a 5G Ranger?? I opened them up to 30mm and had to trim some plastic nubs on the sensor bezels

3) the solenoid pack for the winch wouldn't mount to the winch body (with the provided giant hose clamps). It wanted to occupy the same space as the grille. Expedition One does recommend a ComeUp winch with this bumper, but not this model. No idea why my customer purchased this model ‐‐ a Seal Slim 9.5rs.

I decided to essentially surface mount the solenoid pack, drilling & tapping one hole in the bumper and making a custom bracket for the other side.
20240210_110844.jpg
20240210_110850.jpg

20240210_111457.jpg

It's presently curing in my paint booth, aka a hook in front of the wood stove. Rattle can Rustoleum ‐- nothing but the best mind you!!
20240210_112530.jpg

A frequent flyer of my driveway, a 2017 Optima pulled up yet again

Another Motor Medic idle flush, and another 5.5qts of Total 5w40, and another PG filter was spun on

As nasty as ever, I forgot to get a pic of the fill hole, but she's been neglected
And burns about a quart every 400 miles 🙄
It was only driven with the oil pressure light on for two weeks 🤷‍♂️
It just had the KSDS update last week, so now I'm racing against the clock to get it cleaned up to a point where they won't deny it based on neglect
it's not if with a 2.4 Theta II, it's WHEN 😲
He maintained it enough as per the maintenance s schedule, and has receipts to prove it
But clearly that Bulk 5w20 wasn't up to the task
1000009702.jpg

It's owner was interested in remote start, so an OE Kia kit was used
Quite simple to install, only 1 wire to t-tap
1000009528.jpg

1000009525.jpg

1000009697.jpg

1000009700.jpg

Wouldn't even know it was there
It appears to be a Compustar derived unit, modified for H/K purposes
A bargain @ $24.18 delivered

I knocked that out in good time, so I ramped the Camry for a quick OCI
Because it's 60° in February, seize the opportunity 🤌
1000009711.jpg

This past Wednesday, the 2006 Suburban got, 234k on the clock,

- New tranny lines (all 3), two of them were leaking at the metal/rubber crimp fitting... I guess 18 years on OE lines is good? they were not rusty
- New steering gear box, OE one was leaking and loose
- New Pitman arm, ACDelco
- New steering idler arm and tensioner, MOOG
- New inner and outer tie rods, Mevotech Supreme inner, Mevotech TTX outer
- New upper control arms w/ball-joints, Mevotech TTX

And an oil change. Aligned it and it is driving very well. Just happy to have taken care of the leaking tranny lines and the leaking gear box. Just hate leaks, makes me worry about loosing too much fluid.

This past Wednesday, the 2006 Suburban got, 234k on the clock,

- New tranny lines (all 3), two of them were leaking at the metal/rubber crimp fitting... I guess 18 years on OE lines is good? they were not rusty
- New steering gear box, OE one was leaking and loose
- New Pitman arm, ACDelco
- New steering idler arm and tensioner, MOOG
- New inner and outer tie rods, Mevotech Supreme inner, Mevotech TTX outer
- New upper control arms w/ball-joints, Mevotech TTX

And an oil change. Aligned it and it is driving very well. Just happy to have taken care of the leaking tranny lines and the leaking gear box. Just hate leaks, makes me worry about loosing too much fluid.
Install 2 new Delco bump stops up front.....Integral components in the damping of the torsion bars.

I picked up a free roof top luggage rack on OfferUp the other day. Today I cleaned it up and replaced some rusty fasteners with stainless hardware. Anxiously waiting for camping season.

Install 2 new Delco bump stops up front.....Integral components in the damping of the torsion bars.
Interesting you mention that. I am putting new Delco "ride height correction" keys in the tahoe this week along with new rear springs. My driver front size is sagging lower than the rest and the keys are already turned up all the way. Looking around, seems as if new 52" driver side torsion bars are unobtainum. The passenger side is obtainable. But Delco, Moog, etc. they all make these correction keys. Hoping they work well.

I'll replace the bump stops as well cause I think they're half crumbled away.

I replaced my Radon fan on my house. The old one was making really unhappy noises for quite a while but was still pulling a vacuum. The other day it got louder then fell silent. The old fan was tough to spin with my finger the new one spins like a dream. Altogether easy fix I replaced it with the same model as the last one lasted 10 plus years.

I replaced my Radon fan on my house. The old one was making really unhappy noises for quite a while but was still pulling a vacuum. The other day it got louder then fell silent. The old fan was tough to spin with my finger the new one spins like a dream. Altogether easy fix I replaced it with the same model as the last one lasted 10 plus years.
Do you notice if a radon fan/mitigation system takes a lotta juice to run? I have an older basement and was considering adding one, not necessarily for radon, but to keep venting the basement and maybe not have to run two dehumidifiers. I'd figure one radon fan would take much less than 2 dehumidifiers.

My new thing I hate to do.. grout. Wired up the under cabinet lights before I started. Supposed to go to a upull it yard but I think I'm too tired now!
IMG_2438.jpeg

Back