What are you working on today?

2012 Ford Fusion, 2.5L
175k on car, 100k on spark plugs. Five years.
I changed them the first time when they had 75k on them, but they looked like they had good life left in them, so I waited until 100k this time.
Still look pretty good, I would say.
OEM plugs, made by NGK.

Attachments

• IMG_3053.jpeg
    IMG_3053.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3054.jpeg
    IMG_3054.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 11
Getting the mowers ready for the season. The now 20 year old Chonda had an OC last fall after the season. All it needed was fresh gas with a touch of Gumout multi purpose fuel system cleaner. I am not kidding, it started on the first pull. I've had first starts of the season in as few as 3 pulls but never the first pull. Odd, that this engine is rocking its original spark plug and air filter. It is a $139 garage queen. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The rider has a iffy battery but it started after the fuel system saturated the carb. I charged the battery all night and it cranked great. Then I realized it was bone dry. So more charging as I ran the iffy battery down trying to start it with no gas. Put fuel in and cranked it a bit to saturate the fuel system. Let it sit for a couple minutes and it lit off in 3 turns. The big single cylinder has lots of torque to climb the terrace without increasing the throttle.
Going forward I think I need a new battery. The $600 rider got relegated to the outdoors as the Maverick stole the garage space, and I forgot about the battery. Out of sight, out of mind. Really I'm shocked it charged at all.

Happy mowing season to all!

Last edited:
Getting the mowers ready for the season. The now 20 year old Chonda had an OC last fall after the season. All it needed was fresh gas with a touch of Gumout multi purpose fuel system cleaner. I am not kidding, it started on the first pull. I've had first starts of the season in as few as 3 pulls but never the first pull. Odd, that this engine is rocking its original spark plug and air filter. It is a $139 garage queen. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The rider has a iffy battery but it started after the fuel system saturated the carb. I charged the battery all night and it cranked great. Then I realized it was bone dry. So more charging as I ran the iffy battery down trying to start it with no gas. Put fuel in and cranked it a bit to saturate the fuel system. Let it sit for a couple minutes and it lit off in 3 turns. The big single cylinder has lots of torque to climb the terrace without increasing the throttle.
Going forward I think I need a new battery. The $600 rider got relegated to the outdoors as the Maverick stole the garage space, and I forgot about the battery. Out of sight, out of mind. Really I'm shocked it charged at all.

Happy mowing season to all!
🤫 You'll wake the grass and weeds .

LOF/Rotate on my neighbor’s 14 Forester. It was 3/4 qt low at time of service and I had already added 1.75 qt during the course of the service interval, so 2.5 qt consumed over 6500 miles?!?!

Decided to go with 5W30 this time instead of 10W20. Not sure if it’ll help, but we shall see.

I also left him these notes…

80BC07DA-D81C-4924-B09D-A27F58A78689.jpeg

B643D6B5-B55B-48BB-A53C-8B327E07EADA.jpeg

I guess I inadvertently signed myself up for more free work, eh?

LOF/Rotate on my neighbor’s 14 Forester. It was 3/4 qt low at time of service and I had already added 1.75 qt during the course of the service interval, so 2.5 qt consumed over 6500 miles?!?!

Decided to go with 5W30 this time instead of 10W20. Not sure if it’ll help, but we shall see.

I also left him these notes…

View attachment 148478

View attachment 148477

I guess I inadvertently signed myself up for more free work, eh?
Your hired

That's low oil consumption for a URaBus.

Seriously.

I service a '14 Forester that he bought in WI and drove to CO plus a little more. He didn't check the oil after purchase and it used 4qts in 4000 miles. With only ~87k on the motor.

Always bad when you pull the drain plug and less than a quart comes out.....

Pulled the cam and lifters out of the 77 K10. Wear surfaces looked good, really couldn't see anything wrong with anything. Nonetheless, it'll be getting a summit K1102 cam and lifter kit installed in it maybe Wednesday.

Also on a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox I replaced the front rotors and pads and changed the oil.

That's low oil consumption for a URaBus.

Seriously.

I service a '14 Forester that he bought in WI and drove to CO plus a little more. He didn't check the oil after purchase and it used 4qts in 4000 miles. With only ~87k on the motor.

Always bad when you pull the drain plug and less than a quart comes out.....
This one has the updated rings, too.

How are the lug studs on that one? This one started having issues a few years ago, so I just replaced all 20 with Dormans (gasp) and they have been fine.

Timing Chain, Guides, & Tensioner along with a Oil Pump Drive Module on a 2012 BMW 328i N20. Won't normally work on European marques....But this one is owned buy a good customer & it's unmolested.

Not a bad job really.....Removing the left motor mount bracket & Vacuum Pump were the most challenging, Need a Bit Ratchet with a T40 Bit to R&R the 3 Vacuum Pump bolts!
The Timing tool kit, Flywheel Lock tool, And Oil Pump Sprocket/Alignment tools are mandatory!

Broke my E12 Snap-on socket......Wasn't even using a Impact on it at the time;), I was torqueing the last Subframe bolt.

sWAWUg8.jpg

BfCfxhB.jpg

IQnq69X.jpg

0wABvvk.jpg

EgUNTbO.jpg
The second picture, shows a chain-driven shaft heading off to the right (towards the rear of the vehicle). Is that the oil pump drive?

you like the N20? I found it remarkably executed on that one test drive I took.

Did this now...two down and two more to go. Don't worry it gets detailed and washed up later today. I have to use the nibble system...these days.

Long time oil suctionist...lol
No more ..this cheap electric pump was the bomb...it was great and next time I will use it on my VW. Super fast and no drama...I actually hosed the old oil into the old suction unit.
I did not use Red line in this one but some old turd oil ..lol

Mostly the 0 and 5 w40...
Funny the 0w40 and 5w20 was old Pennsylvania green crude color and the 5w40 golden...

IMG_20230404_130443589_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230404_130452407.jpg
IMG_20230404_131504506.jpg

Man I love the little HF electric mixers for projects like that. If you used a wheelbarrow, mad respect yo! :D

Wheelbarrow this time around. 7.5 80 lb bags. It’s about 5.5” depth. I borrowed my bosses concrete HF mixer when I did the supports for my deck. 10 footings 48” deep 12” diameter. WAY too much to do by hand.

Reactions: D60
PXL_20230404_222050429.jpg

PXL_20230404_222733629.jpg

Another new CTR ball joint, and I'm still struggling
The lug stud tool is too thick, I even greased the splines

Maybe a stack of washers?

I tried wacking it on a socket on the ground, it got it started but not enough to send it close to home

Luckily, RockAuto is showing a rare glimpse of good customer service, in both taking back the one I broke the stud off, and the $100 OE Hyundai part I reordered to warranty the first one, only for it to arrive without any hardware
So I still might make some money on this job
That's nice, I'm tired of working for little to no profit :confused:

2008 Honda Accord
R&I right front spindle. Took to the machine shop for them to replace the wheel bearing.

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe
Replaced left front wheel hub, replaced front brake pads and rotors, replaced serpentine belt, ac compressor belt and ac compressor belt tensioner

Back