What are you working on today?

2000 Ram: replaced failed AC Delco water pump

1997 Outback: repaired headlight harness damaged in a drunk driving incident (not me!!), replaced flakey headlight bulb, replaced corroded RH headlight fuse. After all that both headlights finally work again. Re-clocked wiper arms so wipers work again.

My '19 JL: unmarried Tazer to see if it's what's killing my batteries every 2 days....further study required

Put a bottle of Lube Gard "Highly Friction Modified" ATF additive in my 04 Silverado. Have started having some intermittent "wonky" transmission behavior. Will see if this helps. If not I'll be changing the Mobil 1 fluid for regular Dexron 6. Not too concerned about it.

Had some wind last night, piece of metal siding peeled around on the side of the shop. I put it back in place and nailed it down.

Currently dusting and vacuuming the house while watching the races at Richmond.

Finally coordinated a little time to work on my parents' '06 Silverado (with 6.0 and 92k miles!)

Installed front Bilsteins and wired in aftermarket resistors. The truck rides SOOO much better than the old AutoRide shocks!View attachment 147703

Quoting myself just to say my parents drove back to their other home today. 2.5 hours of rural highway at 65-75 mph.

Even my 75 y.o. mom -- who does all the driving -- commented on how much better the truck rides with the Bilsteins.

PXL_20230402_181242955.jpg

This 2019 Rebel 300 came by for it's second service
...it's only 3 years old with ~900 miles on it
Oil and filter change, plug nail in rear tire, air up tires (were half flat) and set the clock, because apparently I'm the only one that knows how
Oh, and I sprayed some Dupont chain lube on the chain, just because I can 🫡
PXL_20230402_181927643.jpg

I only found one or two very small sparkles in the filter
It always sounds better after I do an oil change, although I don't think it was ever quite the same since it's owner botched the first OCI

Maybe my PTSD is improving, I don't completely recoil when I rev it :confused:

View attachment 148219
This 2019 Rebel 300 came by for it's second service
...it's only 3 years old with ~900 miles on it
Oil and filter change, plug nail in rear tire, air up tires (were half flat) and set the clock, because apparently I'm the only one that knows how
Oh, and I sprayed some Dupont chain lube on the chain, just because I can 🫡
View attachment 148220
I only found one or two very small sparkles in the filter
It always sounds better after I do an oil change, although I don't think it was ever quite the same since it's owner botched the first OCI

Maybe my PTSD is improving, I don't completely recoil when I rev it :confused:
So what oil and filter went back in?

You caught me lacking 😲
Honda GN-4 10w30, and a Honda filter
I don't know terribly much about bikes and clutch characteristics with different oils, so I play it safe with OE
It's also cost effective, and Prime delivered, even better (y)
You’re no slacker. I enjoy everything you work on and vehicles you service. I give you major credit. Now if. You could cut apart more oil filters for us. I’m kidding 🍻🍻🇺🇸🇨🇦

Got the base cabinets are raised up to 36, not sure what the final height will be with the corner. Those Ikea adjustable legs are nice but that's a lot of twisting! Couldn't reach the one in back corner so had to use the tension clamp pliers 😂
C1F57C10-4A40-4194-90F0-D712B5FFCA82.jpeg

If you start hacking up something that burns like bleach, or blood
Mosy on over to the E.R ASAP
Don't ask me how I know this :confused:

Where's my Omeprazole ⁉️
Thanks, I have been having indigestion, belching and GERD symptoms for about a year but luckily no blood or anything like that. I had been taking Tums regularly but learned about the link between high calcium intake and arterial schlerosis so I decided to get serious about fixing it naturally if I could.

I'm happy to say that after three months I'm much improved after taking Zinc L-Carnitane (which is used to treat ulcers in Japan), cider vinegar and probiotics. I might chew a Tums during the night once a week now. I may still go get checked out and do the antibiotics and antacid treatment if it isn't fully resolved in another month or two, but it's looking like I may not need to.

So many things, but mostly not car related. Fixing our house to possibly sell if we can close on one we found. Removing anything that seems customized… all the WiFi smart switches, electronic doo-dads. Spackling, caulking, touch-up painting. Installed the code-compliant insulation over recessed fixtures (not cheap, but want to sell it “right.”). Pulling weeds every time I walk by, painted some trim while I had it out, pulled a bunch of old work debris from the attic and bagged it for trash. There’s still a bunch more to do, but it all has to get done. Meeting with a landscape guy Tuesday to refresh the mulch and tend to any plants that didn’t make it through the freeze.

oh, I did drive across town to help a friend prep her riding and push mowers for use. Each got fresh 10-30 synthetic, and seafoam in the first tank of gas. The little U1 battery in the rider started surprisingly excellently, though she never put it on the maintainer I’d set up for her. I usually don’t find them that tolerant; just a standard U1.

Timing Chain, Guides, & Tensioner along with a Oil Pump Drive Module on a 2012 BMW 328i N20. Won't normally work on European marques....But this one is owned buy a good customer & it's unmolested.

Not a bad job really.....Removing the left motor mount bracket & Vacuum Pump were the most challenging, Need a Bit Ratchet with a T40 Bit to R&R the 3 Vacuum Pump bolts!
The Timing tool kit, Flywheel Lock tool, And Oil Pump Sprocket/Alignment tools are mandatory!

Broke my E12 Snap-on socket......Wasn't even using a Impact on it at the time;), I was torqueing the last Subframe bolt.

sWAWUg8.jpg

BfCfxhB.jpg

IQnq69X.jpg

0wABvvk.jpg

EgUNTbO.jpg

FINALLY tracked my hot water heater inlet leak to a degraded heat trap. These are just the plastic Bradford White units that push in and look a lot like the plugs that come in new p/s pump or master cylinder ports.

I seriously question how much the little flap does to "trap" heat, and it looks like mine has been inop for years. I'm considering just not replacing it.....the leak is gone with it removed.
20230402_225315.jpg

Back