What are you working on today?

Monday
Got the engine dressed and put over in the '03 Silverado today. Bottom side is buttoned up, I'll finish the topside tomorrow and get it running. Also diagnosed a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe as having a leaking front seal on the transmission. I'll probably do the R&I on the assembly Wednesday.

Reactions: D60
I bought a beater 78 K20 plow truck this weekend that has been sitting in a farmers field for a couple of years. It took me a couple of hours just to blow out the mouse turds, then went to town trying to see if it would run (it does) and the plow works (it does). Going to need lots of TLC but for $1500 I got a big block plow truck that will never leave my property. Two sets of tire chains and she's ready to plow!

Finished my 30k service to the Ranger today. All told, I:

Replaced the air filter - Microguard Replacement
Changed the oil - Havoline LifeLong 5W30 and a Bosch Distance Plus filter
Sucked out 3ish quarts of ATF and replaced with the same amount of Valvoline ULV
Drained the rear end and refilled with Valvoline Synthetic 75W90
Replaced the plugs with Motorcraft replacements
Rotated the tires front to back. I don't generally do the criss cross stuff. F/B usually works just fine for me.

Once again I'm drawn to searching to see if someone is making a dipstick for the 10R80, other than the $200+ one thats out there now. The factory one just flat sucks....
Bob, I think the one from the 6R80 trans fits…. It’s the same little stubby shape that fits under the fill plug. ??

Bob, I think the one from the 6R80 trans fits…. It’s the same little stubby shape that fits under the fill plug. ??
Correct, but the only one I've ever seen in the B&M one that fits both of those. Have you seen a 6R80 one for better than the B&M?

Cab off on a 2012 F150 Ecoboost to fix a leaky turbo oil line & a stripped exhaust stud.

Complete wiring harness on a 1955 Chevy Bel Air Convertible using a American Auto Wire classic update kit. Making my own convertible top motor sub harness.....Unfortunately at one point the convertible top switch was thrown away & I can't find one in stock anywhere.

Dismounted all of my Tercel wheels to get them ready to drop off at the powder coater in the morning. Decided to do rear brakes while the wheels are gone. The grease looked pretty rough and the bearings didn’t feel or sound very good. Ordered Raybestos drums, shoes and hardware kit plus new Timken bearings and seals from Rockauto. I’ll pack everything with Schaeffer 219.
Nice! How far since your last rear brake job? I did mine last year and it had been 180,000km since the previous job. It would have gone further but the pad material came loose on one of the shoes.
D7010C0E-D945-48DA-88E6-B0E45496E840.jpeg

Nice! How far since your last rear brake job? I did mine last year and it had been 180,000km since the previous job. It would have gone further but the pad material came loose on one of the shoes. View attachment 122815
I’ve never done them, 8 years and ? miles with no indication of an issue till now. It has 250k miles now so it may be the last set I need to do on it. I put front brakes on it a couple months ago, had a stuck guide pin and one pad went metal on metal. It got Element 3 pads and coated rotors.

Cab off on a 2012 F150 Ecoboost to fix a leaky turbo oil line & a stripped exhaust stud.

Complete wiring harness on a 1955 Chevy Bel Air Convertible using a American Auto Wire classic update kit. Making my own convertible top motor sub harness.....Unfortunately at one point the convertible top switch was thrown away & I can't find one in stock anywhere.
Yikes. In reference to the Ecoboost. 😬 I'm sure it's no issue for you but that's way out of my wheelhouse.

Rear brakes on 2020 F-150 XLT 4WD truck. Almost 56k on truck. Maintenance clowns vehicle. Pads measured less than 3/33 so obviously that’s a fail. Caliper pins very rusty; thank god we have wire wheel/grinder sander. Autozone OE fit pads and Duralast gold rotors.

Attachments

• DA88ABDF-FB9B-440A-9A33-EA0D35AB3AE5.jpeg
    DA88ABDF-FB9B-440A-9A33-EA0D35AB3AE5.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 8
  • BE755FB2-F9DA-4475-8C62-62103827C6D9.jpeg
    BE755FB2-F9DA-4475-8C62-62103827C6D9.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 8
Fixin to replace the starter on my son's 2006 Honda Civic. I'm really not looking forward it either. The starter in this car is a pain in the a$$ to get to.

I bought a beater 78 K20 plow truck this weekend that has been sitting in a farmers field for a couple of years. It took me a couple of hours just to blow out the mouse turds, then went to town trying to see if it would run (it does) and the plow works (it does). Going to need lots of TLC but for $1500 I got a big block plow truck that will never leave my property. Two sets of tire chains and she's ready to plow!
Just replace those front axle u-joints with 760's now! :)

Fun project truck, nice score!

Fixin to replace the starter on my son's 2006 Honda Civic. I'm really not looking forward it either. The starter in this car is a pain in the a$$ to get to.
My FIL used to say in order to work on imports you needed a double jointed dwarf. Probably not politically correct now, and as time has gone on even domestic monikers get tighter and smaller.

I will say, even the starter in my 6.2 F350 requires a clever combination of extensions, wobble adapter and ideally a second person to guide the socket onto the one difficult bolt

After a head cold with sinus pressure that literally made all my teeth hurt for three days....finally finishing up the core support replacement on this '09 Aveo.

I do not show my plug welds to suggest they're awesome, but they're "good enough" and won't be coming apart.

I've since slapped some black Rustoleum Pro over the welds and after I reinstall a few things like air box and washer reservoir she's ready to ship. I was only asked to do anything requiring hot works because they don't have the capability

Pro tip: don't drive econoboxes under trailers :D

20221021_130948.jpg

20221025_151319.jpg
20221025_151251.jpg

Back