What are you listening to right now?

From DEBUT solo album . Played the 8 track countless times in the car(s) . Was 18 . Also had PINK FLOYD Animals on 8 track . Occasionally listen to the CD . Highly recommend it .

Been owning that on vinyl since he first released that I think in 1976? Now own it on Cd format. To me a very good album not too heavy at all like a Pink Floyd one. He is a very talented fellow.

Thought of this song, again, somehow. 🍌

Welcome, my son...

Wish You Were Here was kind of a shocker to me when Pink released it. It is one of my favorites but was kind of a softer - clearly easier to understand album than a lot of the previous stuff they had been putting out. Got to see them shortly after the releases of Wish You Were Here and Animals. So they were touring with the insane light show people were afraid would blind some folks. LOL They also were travelling with the giant Animals balloon set. Lots of times back then it was hard to make out :unsure: some lyrics by quite a few bands unless they really made an errort in the liner notes. Wife and I laugh a lot since the advent of the CDs on the music scene since we could finally tell for sure what some songs were really saying. :rolleyes: The transfer of albums to CDs has really cleaned up (some complain) and eliminated a lot of the back ground types of snowy / noises. I like the cleaner versions on the CDs more than the vinyls which I still own quite a lot of.

Once they get going, this is a great, fast paced jam. I just love the sound of Marty’s Rickenbacker, they have a unique sound of their own.

Last edited:
Back