What are you listening to right now?

The original from Black Sabbath "Paranoid" album - 1970. That whole album is great - a classic.

The original Black Sabbath version is a little more of an “eerie” kinda sound, if that makes sense, but I still like it. It’s very Black Sabbath. 🤔😉
Not to take away from the original, but I prefer the cleaned up, chill vibe that I get from the Pantera version. I have always loved a clean, memorable, haunting guitar in just about any song. 🍻

Last edited:
This is an interesting one. Everyone my age, I shall not disclose that, will remember these guys whether you liked them or not. Kind of a flash in the pan band, but for me, memorable guitar licks.
Paul Reynolds is a brilliant guitar player that could make the guitar very memorable and prominent without being over the top. He would always use an old English penny instead of a pick because he believes that it gave him a crisp sound.
He was a good bit younger than the other guys in this band and the stress of the road, excesses of the lifestyle, and not particularly getting along with Mike Score led to a nervous breakdown and eventually leaving the industry for a bit to get himself together.
In this video they’ve gotten back together to record their songs with this orchestra.

The video that played on MTV.

I loved them! “I Ran” came out when I was in the 8th grade.

Haha I was thinking more on the lines of Michael Bolton:D

Who is who ... ?? 😄

1664744857322.png

1664744956890.jpg

Love that song. There cover is better than the original.
I’m conflicted on saying better than the original because it comes down to personal tastes, but with that said, I like this “Cleaned up” version from Pantera more so than the original. I guess that may also come down to 20 some odd years of differences in recording technology. 🤔
D.D’s guitar work is amazing on this,…absolutely beautiful. 🍻

Back