What are you listening to right now?

Simone, La Distancia

1663035427750.jpg

This is from 2010, The Time Machine Tour. 24KT rose gold hardware, thumb screws, huge wing nuts, ratcheting box wrenches and dial calipers used in the setup...This is a quick video of Neil Peart's drum crew setting up his kit at one of the R30 concerts. The beginning is set to a live version of The Camera Eye. To me it is fascinating to watch. Neil shows up at 4:15 to start his sound check. The kick drum/snare rhythm 4:50 is just phenomenal, if only for a few seconds. No drummer I have ever heard has ever had a bass drum sound like Neil did.

He would have turned 70 years old today. RIP Professor. Many thanks to you and the band for your music and influence on my life.

A longer video of the kit setup. You can see how solid everything was assembled, to accommodate his intense playing style.

Last edited:
This is from 2010, The Time Machine Tour. 24KT rose gold hardware, thumb screws, huge wing nuts, ratcheting box wrenches and dial calipers used in the setup...This is a quick video of Neil Peart's drum crew setting up his kit at one of the R30 concerts. The beginning is set to a live version of The Camera Eye. To me it is fascinating to watch. Neil shows up at 4:15 to start his sound check. The kick drum/snare rhythm 4:50 is just phenomenal, if only for a few seconds. No drummer I have ever heard has ever had a bass drum sound like Neil did.

He would have turned 70 years old today. RIP Professor. Many thanks to you and the band for your music and influence on my life.

A longer video of the kit setup. You can see how solid everything was assembled, to accommodate his intense playing style.

I should edit here, I made a mistake, the first video is not from an R30 concert. It is from the prior Time Machine tour. I think that was in 2010 or 2011. My apologies. For anyone interested in percussion and or concert production these are great videos.

Back