What are you listening to right now?

Bad English isn't probably well known, kind of a flash in the pan band.

John Prine - Be My Friend Tonight

It's crazy where his music pops up. This has been stuck in my head since it appeared in the background in one of the scenes of "Blackbird" on apple TV.

Bad English isn't probably well known, kind of a flash in the pan band.

They had the potential to be a good band because of the level of talent there, but they broke up because Neal Schon didn’t care for the “Pop” sound that they were stuck in,….I would happen to agree. Jonathan Cain seems to have that kind of influence on any band that he’s in.
The band was a combination of former “The Baby’s” and “Journey” band members along with Deen Castronovo.
John Waite (The Baby’s)
Ricky Phillips (The Baby’s)
Jonathan Cain (The Baby’s / Journey)
Neal Schon (Journey’s guitarist extraordinaire, I mean the guy played with Santana when he was 16, he’s that good)
Deen Castronovo

Neal, Jonathan, and Deen are in Journey now, Neal Schon is the only original founding member of Journey still in the band.
Ricky Phillips has been with STYX for quite some time now.
John Waite, no idea.

They had the potential to be a good band because of the level of talent there, but they broke up because Neal Schon didn’t care for the “Pop” sound that they were stuck in,….I would happen to agree. Jonathan Cain seems to have that kind of influence on any band that he’s in.
The band was a combination of former “The Baby’s” and “Journey” band members along with Deen Castronovo.
John Waite (The Baby’s)
Ricky Phillips (The Baby’s)
Jonathan Cain (The Baby’s / Journey)
Neal Schon (Journey’s guitarist extraordinaire, I mean the guy played with Santana when he was 16, he’s that good)
Deen Castronovo

Neal, Jonathan, and Deen are in Journey now, Neal Schon is the only original founding member of Journey still in the band.
Ricky Phillips has been with STYX for quite some time now.
John Waite, no idea.
The first Bad English album was very good. I still listen to it sometimes, even if it is pop-oriented. John Waite did a great job on it, so did Neal Schon. Deen is one of those drummers you can tell it's him without seeing the band playing live. The second Bad English album, Backlash was terrible and listening to it you can tell why the band split up after that. I own that one too but have not listened to it in years. Jon Waite has a new EP out now, 4 songs on it, one is pretty good, the rest I could not listen all the way through any of them. He had another record back in 2011, Rough And Tumble. I own it, but don't care for it much. It has a couple of decent songs. To me the current Journey is not Journey at all. Neal is still in it, he is a good guitar player but that version of Journey is much more of a different band than anything else. Deen has had his share of problems and projects, he is a good drummer and has a good singing voice. He has come through a lot of problems in his life and I am glad he is doing well now. I liked his work on the Revolution Saints albums. No comment on Jon Cain. Escape was and still is a great record, one of the greatest but I have nothing else to say about him.

I'll go far out on a limb and say that Joan is the best female singer songwriter I've heard thoughout my life.
And this is considering the catalogue of Janis Ian, Rickie Jones, Carol Klein and Joni.
This music just has staying power through the ages and the band in the late 70's was killer.

Back