What are you listening to right now?

A cool video tour of Alex Van Halen's drum kits from the origins to the end of the band. I like the focus they put on his use of octobons and the different configurations of his bass drums. Alex's kits were always unique and you can always hear his distinct playing style. He was basically a human metronome.

I listened to NW back in the 90's but didn't like their singer. When Floor Jansen joined in 2013 I started listening to them again.

Yeah, Tarja was a bit too operatic for my taste as well, then they went pop with Anette, and then they absolutely nailed it with Floor (who they apparently tried to get before they settled on Anette, but Floor was busy with her own band at the time).

The amazing thing about Floor is, IMHO, she can not only do justice to songs sung by the other singers, but actually does them better. Storytime, for example, her version blows Anette's out of the water. Ghost Love Score, her version is far better than Tarja's, because she is much more dynamic and has so much more range.

Yeah, Tarja was a bit too operatic for my taste as well, then they went pop with Anette, and then they absolutely nailed it with Floor (who they apparently tried to get before they settled on Anette, but Floor was busy with her own band at the time).

The amazing thing about Floor is, IMHO, she can not only do justice to songs sung by the other singers, but actually does them better. Storytime, for example, her version blows Anette's out of the water. Ghost Love Score, her version is far better than Tarja's, because she is much more dynamic and has so much more range.
Yes indeed! I agree with everything you stated!
Next time you see Floor singing, look at her upper teeth, 2 behind her very front teeth. She has Vampire fangs! That's so F'N HOT, and BAD A**! :devilish:

LakeGreg-The-Anthologya-Musical-Journey-Us-Import-Vinyl-Lp.jpg

This is a live recording of a song called "Of a lifetime" from Journey back in 1980. The song was off of their first album, which was way before Steve Perry joined them and made them more radio-friendly. At the beginning of the video, Perry walks off of the stage because he has no part in this song.
Greg Rollie and Neal Schon left Santana to form Journey in the early 70's and based their sound around Neal's talent at playing guitar.
At about the 3:50 mark, they start their jam and you can see Steve Smith's drum kit rocking around like mad.

Last edited:
Back