What are you listening to right now?

Originally Posted By: talker
Wow, I just heard Garry Puckett and the Union Gap for the first time in years.....
I think he is a Memphis product.

Originally Posted By: gonzo
Wow, I just heard Garry Puckett and the Union Gap for the first time in years.....
I think he is a Memphis product.
smirk2.gif

HOWLIN' WOLF " The London Sessions " . Great stuff . Can't forget WILLIE DIXON " I Am The Blues " as well .
thumbsup2.gif

Ever hear Gary Puckett`s pre-Union Gap band The Outcasts? Killer mid-60s garage! A rare find if you have a copy.

I just got through jamming a few cds..........Texas Garage Bands in the 60s Vol 1 "The Sea Ell Label Story",Texas Garage Bands in the 60s Vol 3 "The AOK Record Story",and The Sixpentz "Summer Girl:The Complete Recordings". Killer mid 60s Texas garage!!!!!!! Just got back from Port Aransas for a weekend at the beach with some family/cousins and was relaxing with some cervezas and tunes :^)

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Johnny Winter, "Looking for Trouble."

"Hey bartender, pour me a double
It's Saturday night, and I'm looking for trouble

Give the tune by Johnny Winter "Birds Can`t Row Boats" a listen........he does a pretty good Dylan imitation in the middle of the song. My fave song by him!

Originally Posted By: gonzo
Jonny Winter is cool!!Check out Robin Trower.

I have not heard much Robin Trower, but what I have heard is excellent!

Robin Trower's music is highly recommended. I'm digging Eric Gales these days...that man can play the guitar! Oh yeah as of right now I'm listening to Jeff Beck's rendition of A day in the life...W O W!

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
No Sleep Till Brooklyn - Beastie Boys

Finally, a Beastie Boys mention. It's amazing how 3 white guys had so much influence over the entire rap music genre.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
No Sleep Till Brooklyn - Beastie Boys

Finally, a Beastie Boys mention. It's amazing how 3 white guys had so much influence over the entire rap music genre.

My bro spun Ill Communication Sat night while we were making some whiskey and Cokes
11.gif
10.gif

The awesomely tranquil sound of DEAD SILENCE.

I love having a job where so long as I don't have a court appearance or appointment scheduled, I can come and go as I please. Today, I did not "please" to come. . .

Back