What are you listening to right now?

All right, I'm going to post three videos of a great song.

Iron Maiden's "Wasted Years"

1. Original video
2. Live video of our heroes performing this song as a more "senior" band.
3. An elderly gentleman covering it acoustically. I was surprised at how much this performance impressed me. Kudos to this man for putting out this touching performance.

Right now, I'm listening to my internal sound track. It's been stuck on Tom Petty for the past several weeks.
TRULY very sad how Tommy suffered and died and the end. Man had a broken hip he refused to stop for repair surgery until he completed a tour not wanting to let down his fans by cancelling any shows. He died because of that desicion he made.
Wife and I really liked everything Petty did but never got to see him LIVE in concert and we were so lucky enough, from our teens years on that we got to see probably 90% of the classic rock + country bands who were popular or at the top of the charts from the late 1960s thru mid 1980s.
We saw just about everyone from Grateful Dead/The Eagles/Doobies/original Grand Funk Railroad/Baker Gurvits Army/Frank Zappa/Pink Floyd/Hot Tuna /Outlaws /Skynyrd /ABB /Marshal Tucker/Foghat/ARS/Blue Oyster Cult/Wishbone Ash/Emerson-Lake-Palmer/BOA/Elvin Bishop /Montrose/Rory Gallagher/DaveMason/Traffic/BadCompany/Mott the Hoope/Uriah Heep (my true rock favorites - Humble Pie with and without Frampton). On and on........way too many :rolleyes:to list even with all I typed already.
We just loved the Travelling Wilburys that Tom Petty was a big part of. Also loved the Highwaymen - Waylon/Johnny Cash/ Kristofferson/ Willie Nelson/ Especially liked the work Tom Petty did from time to time with BYRDS founding member Roger McGuinn and then on McGuinn's hit album Back From Rio in the 90s. The song King of The Hill was the popular one they released to radio at the time.

That is good. He reminds me of someone (vocals) but I cant put my finger on it. Maybe a bit like Alan Jackson's voice? Very nice song and performance. Country music is running away (out-running me) these days very similar to NASCAR. Its gotten harder for me to keep up with all the newbies. I guess I am finding out how priorities change as we get older. Its enough now just for me to keep up with all the things the grand kids are into so I can be involved with things they like.

Back