What are you listening to right now?

My oh my. I can just imagine if she and the late Keith Emerson had crossed paths. Wow, she has been around and has some good years of playing already behind her. It is unfotunate that the once very balanced North American music corporations made this and all types of music and musicians available and known to the masses. Many of those have closed shop and took off with their money and got out of the game entirley. We are left with all these young new start up so called Indi record lables who cater to one type of product only that I know many who are like me do not consider that real music. So with what we are left with today. You have to stumble around to seek and find new artist (some truly great) or get lucky and have a friend expose you to them. It is encouraging I have noticed lately that a more diverse type of music and musicians are some how getting tiny bits more of exposure than they have the last many years when Gangsta Rap and just plain rap / really non musical stuff called music was all that was being acknowledged . promoted or force fed music lovers. Maybe things are changing and some are realizing there has to be some good artists out there with what we all need , some real music and feel good songs to promote healthy feelings people used to get from music. Music was once fun stuff that put you in a great mood. People can not just constantly be pounded with all that negative cursing / demeaning and disrespectful sad, bad lyrics without it having a really negative effect on a person, especially the very young impressionable people.
I just saw a special about Keith Emmerson and he has a son and a grandson who play. Both are very good but the grandson is amazing.
There is presently a young man , seems like a super nice fellow with a really good attitude and heart who has made a very good living for himself on You Tube by reviewing and reacting to all types of music from today all the way back to the 50s. People send him play lists and he plays and makes reactions/reviews videos. Jamel_AKA-Jamal @ You Tube. It is free and he is a kick. There are many trying to copy him but they cant compete with this fellow. He has the best personality / attitude and positive vibes that can bring folks together. His back story is he was raised by single mother who worked at the music venue when he was growing up called the Staples Center in LA. He grew up loving classic styles and all sorts of music and even still works part time at the Staples Center so he is lucky to be exposed to lots of old and new music. I really enjoy watching some of his videos.

My oh my. I can just imagine if she and the late Keith Emerson had crossed paths. Wow, she has been around and has some good years of playing already behind her. It is unfotunate that the once very balanced North American music corporations made this and all types of music and musicians available and known to the masses. Many of those have closed shop and took off with their money and got out of the game entirley. We are left with all these young new start up so called Indi record lables who cater to one type of product only that I know many who are like me do not consider that real music. So with what we are left with today. You have to stumble around to seek and find new artist (some truly great) or get lucky and have a friend expose you to them. It is encouraging I have noticed lately that a more diverse type of music and musicians are some how getting tiny bits more of exposure than they have the last many years when Gangsta Rap and just plain rap / really non musical stuff called music was all that was being acknowledged . promoted or force fed music lovers. Maybe things are changing and some are realizing there has to be some good artists out there with what we all need , some real music and feel good songs to promote healthy feelings people used to get from music. Music was once fun stuff that put you in a great mood. People can not just constantly be pounded with all that negative cursing / demeaning and disrespectful sad, bad lyrics without it having a really negative effect on a person, especially the very young impressionable people.
I just saw a special about Keith Emmerson and he has a son and a grandson who play. Both are very good but the grandson is amazing.
There is presently a young man , seems like a super nice fellow with a really good attitude and heart who has made a very good living for himself on You Tube by reviewing and reacting to all types of music from today all the way back to the 50s. People send him play lists and he plays and makes reactions/reviews videos. Jamel_AKA-Jamal @ You Tube. It is free and he is a kick. There are many trying to copy him but they cant compete with this fellow. He has the best personality / attitude and positive vibes that can bring folks together. His back story is he was raised by single mother who worked at the music venue when he was growing up called the Staples Center in LA. He grew up loving classic styles and all sorts of music and even still works part time at the Staples Center so he is lucky to be exposed to lots of old and new music. I really enjoy watching some of his videos.

yes, Jamel_AKA-Jamal is cool. i have watched some of his reactions. but my favorites are steve and tasha from The Adventures of TNT. they are very cool and are open minded to any genre of music. me, i was already exploring by myself music at the age of five. i started drumming at 17 years old. emerson lake and palmer is a very good band. carl palmer is one of my idols. he is still drumming like there is no tomorrow in his seventies. i like the mixture of hard rock and classical music. like yngwie malmsteen. i explore all the time for music that i d'ont know. i have no musical boundaries. my favorite musician and composer is bach. i like classical music a lot. i was listening to a lot of classical when i was a teenager. music makes me travel without leaving home. even going back far away into the past. or far away in the future... just like niezstche said: without music, life would be a mistake.

traveling far away in the past...

yes, Jamel_AKA-Jamal is cool. i have watched some of his reactions. but my favorites are steve and tasha from The Adventures of TNT. they are very cool and are open minded to any genre of music. me, i was already exploring by myself music at the age of five. i started drumming at 17 years old. emerson lake and palmer is a very good band. carl palmer is one of my idols. he is still drumming like there is no tomorrow in his seventies. i like the mixture of hard rock and classical music. like yngwie malmsteen. i explore all the time for music that i d'ont know. i have no musical boundaries. my favorite musician and composer is bach. i like classical music a lot. i was listening to a lot of classical when i was a teenager. music makes me travel without leaving home. even going back far away into the past. or far away in the future... just like niezstche said: without music, life would be a mistake.

traveling far away in the past...

I like all types of music. I have a big collection of CDs and even a pile of about 80 vinyl albums. ELP were one of my all time favorites the way they took classical and rearranged or wrote their own. Did you know that old Carl Palmer is touring all across the globe these days doing a Celebration Tribute of ELP (Honor of Greg and Keith) with a band of two others and walls of video screens? I read he is doing something never done before and putting video footage of Keith and Greg playing along with him and the 3 piece band above and both sides of the stages. Carl has a good web site set up and he explains all he is up to these days and where he can be seen. IMHO one of the greatest drummers ever.

Back