What are you listening to right now?

That's pretty good. The Singer sounds like xxxxxx xxxxxxx ?
it's jorn lande on vocals. and on the drums it's hellhammer of mayhem. pretty hard to believe that one of the most infamous black metal drummer play pop metal, but hellhammer is darn talented. jorn has been involved in a ton of musical projects.

That's a great song. Contrary to what a lot of people say, I believe that "Load" is a great album.
Yep, I like it and its sister Reload. St. Anger sounds like it was recorded in an empty industrial freezer unfortunately, that's not an album that, aside from the title track, I could ever really get into. But they've had some good songs since then too.

Yep, I like it and its sister Reload. St. Anger sounds like it was recorded in an empty industrial freezer unfortunately, that's not an album that, aside from the title track, I could ever really get into. But they've had some good songs since then too.
I agree with your take on St. Anger. I remember watching “Some kind of monster” and it documented a lot of the problems that they were dealing with leading up to that album. I even remember a remark that James Hetfield made while they were trying to hash out some songs, it was along the lines of lazily throwing songs together and ending up with “Load and Reload”. While I can’t remember exactly what he said, it was basically a dig at those two albums.
St. Anger is the result of all of that and it is by far their worst sounding album. “Recorded in an industrial freezer”, that’s a great way to put it. I could get better sounding drum tracks by banging on my dining room table.

Back