What are y'all's favorite cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point & Shoot: Panasonic Fz28 10-megapixel camera,the best in class mega zoom camera
thumbsup2.gif

Workin on buying my first DSLR camera,and going with a Canon 12-megapixel XSI
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: ClarkB
I've got the Canon Powershot SX110 IS that the PhotographyBLOG recommends. Takes great shots and with the 10x optical zoom it's pretty nice for reaching out and grabbing something. I'd recommend a mono/bi/tripod for the thing if you want to use the 10x zoom a lot.

Clark

These are very good little cameras but one thing I don't like about this type of camera is that it has no viewfinder - just the LCD in "live" view. They are fine as long as you don't mind not having an EVF or viewfinder. They can be difficult to compose with or to read the menu in bright sunlight.

I actually DO NOT like P&S cameras that use AA batteries. The problem is, these batteries just don't have the juice to last very long.

As a rule I don't like using AA batteries either. I don't mind using cameras that use 2 AA batteries too much, but using 4 of them, as Fuji super zoom and Canon S series [S3-IS, S5-IS, etc.] cameras use is something I don't like. These are very nice cameras but I'd like them a lot better if they could be used with a proprietary Li-Ion battery, which hold a charge much longer.

My Powershot uses 4 AAs, and as long as you use a good brand then they last a long time. My sister took it with her on a trip to Europe and put in 4 new Rayovacs. After 4-500 pictures, the batteries were still good when she came home. I use rechargeables. Not to mention, it would be expensive to replace a proprietary battery when it's shot. IMO, it's more convenient too since you can find AA sized batteries almost in any store.

Last edited:
Counterpoint! lol...

Four AA batteries would work. But most of the small cameras use two. They're finally moving to dedicated batteries however, because the camera makers want smaller.

Most rechargeable batteries would last the life of the camera. On my ancient Nikon D100 (SLR) I finally replaced the battery with a no-name for $5! That's not expensive!

I have a Sony DSC T10 and a Canon A80. I bought the Sony because it's smaller than a 1st Gen Ipod and it had the lowest shutter lag at the time.

I've been really pleased with it, not because takes awesome pictures, but mostly because it's so small it's along to take the pictures.

Vacation is the best time for this camera. It's smaller than a wallet, and it goes everywhere. We have lots of shots we'd never have otherwise.

In the market now for a Nikon D90. It's just that I want one lens only and the cost of the 18-200mm is killin' me. They say it's the best lens for all around use.

Originally Posted By: Lurch
I don't like about this type of camera is that it has no viewfinder - just the LCD in "live" view.

The viewfinder is one of the reasons I bought the SD850 ... but honestly, in 1 1/2yrs ownership I think I've only even looked through it once or twice, let alone using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back