What are the general thoughts on this Pentosin 5w30 504/507 oil?

I've used it one time in a GTI I once owned. It turned dark quicker than other oils. I've never been one to use the same oil every oil change.

I bought it at Mid-State Import Auto Parts in Columbus because they have a Kendall sign on the side of the building, clearly seen if you look at a Google street view. I was disappointed they didn't have the Kendall I wanted, but said they could get it within 2 days.

I was looking at SP3 as an LL04 alternative to Castrol SLX back in 2010. I used it once in my 335d. Pentosin historically has been viewed as providing good products in general. Especially their transmission and PS fluid. IIRC they're under FUCHS.

If Herr Doktor Edgar Steigerwald had anything to do with the formulation of this Pentosin product then you can know it is top shelf. There aren't many companies that I'd blindly trust but Pentosin is one.

Approval is approval. FCP - can get for free after your first change if your'e willing to do the returns. Why not.

I used the HPII 5W-40 for one OCI in my Mercedes in the early days of 229.51. Couldn't get Castrol or Mobil locally, but AA had the Pentosin. It worked. Quality company that is owned by Fuchs now.

Back