VW 504/507 oil - Mobil 1 5w30 ESP vs Liqui Moly Top Tec 4200 5w30

In 2010 it was named M1 ESP FORMULA 5W-30. It's M1 ESP 5W-30
for a couple of years now, which is a new formulation. I was using
both - no complaints, but never had any UOA done. The LL-04 oils
I currently use are actually 3.7 mPas HTHS.

In case anyone is interested, we also have a made in Germany product for this. We are the new kid on the block, but it's worth noting as well!!

Go with the nicest looking container.
That's all that matters.
That pretty, blockish, Teutonic looking container is waaaaaay better looking than the more ho hum, conventional styled bottle of Mobil 1. THAT alone makes it superior, but when you throw in the "Made in Germany" label, there is NO contest ;).

Seriously, which one is easier to get/cheaper? There's your answer. (sorry TiGeo, not everyone likes free oil from FCP 😜).

That pretty, blockish, Teutonic looking container is waaaaaay better looking than the more ho hum, conventional styled bottle of Mobil 1. THAT alone makes it superior, but when you throw in the "Made in Germany" label, there is NO contest ;).

Seriously, which one is easier to get/cheaper? There's your answer. (sorry TiGeo, not everyone likes free oil from FCP 😜).
Click click online it shows up at your house a few days later...doesn't get much easier (or cheaper) than that! I do like those bottles though..hahahah

I wonder how many owners of newer VAG vehicles wish they could have a wider choice of oil.

0w20 508/509 is a nightmare to find compared to the older specs.

Had to pay over £60 for 5 litres of Motul Specific for the daughters Audi Q2 1.5 TFSI.

Incorrect. The Mobil1 is a far superior (looking) oil bottle. German oil bottle design is much like their cars, over engineered and pretentious.

Back