What about a Toyota Avalon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to replace the Grand Marquis it's starting to nickel and dime me to death. I still like big cars, you know the old man type that runs smooth, quiet and does not garner a lot of attraction
from law enforcement? So I will be looking at 2 Avalons, both 2012 Limited models. One with 28k, new tires but no navi…..which I kind of want for the backup camera. Yes, the rear view mirror has it, but
I am told it's pretty small and crappy. The other is a 2012 Limited 34k and navi. Both from dealers 16k. I feel confidant I can knock off 1k from asking price, and that would put me at the 15k limit I have imposed on myself.

What can anybody tell me about the Avalon? Any Avalon owners want to chime in?

Last edited:
You're overpricing these things. I sold a 2016 Avalon Limited Hybrid model for $22k last year.

Feel free to check out 48 Hours And A Used Car on Facebook.

You can get a new Regal for that price
smile.gif

Originally Posted by macarose
You're overpricing these things. I sold a 2016 Avalon Limited Hybrid model for $22k last year.

Feel free to check out 48 Hours And A Used Car on Facebook.

No thanks not flying to Atlanta for an auction car

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

No you cannot. New base Regal starts at 25k

Originally Posted by blueglide88

That's MSRP, not actual selling price
smile.gif

You can get a Regal Sportback for about 20k, and a backup camera is standard. Even further negotiation may be possible, since they are selling just as poorly as the Tourx wagon version. It's also easier to negotiate on a new cars vs a used car, and the financing interest rates are lower.

Also, I misread your OP slightly. I was confusing the mileage and price figures, sorry!

smile.gif

The Regal is undesirable to market so GM fire sales them. Avalon hot commodity especially used market. Nice car for what it Is but you pay for it.

Stick to what you can pay cash for and you'll be better in life.

As good as they get. They are Lexus quality at great pricing. Looks like you are making a very wise decision.

That's MSRP, not actual selling price
smile.gif

You can get a Regal Sportback for about 20k, and a backup camera is standard. Even further negotiation may be possible, since they are selling just as poorly as the Tourx wagon version. It's also easier to negotiate on a new cars vs a used car, and the financing interest rates are lower.

Also, I misread your OP slightly. I was confusing the mileage and price figures, sorry!

I have to admit the Sport back is interesting, but more than I want to spend and not sure what the reliability will be. Isn't it made in Germany by Opel?
Anyways I am getting off subject. Thanks to everybody for the feedback so far, including the links

Last edited:
Originally Posted by HM12460
Avalon is a very well built car. Hard to go wrong if it has been properly maintained and priced correctly.

+1
It's basically a de-badged Lexus ES

Originally Posted by HM12460
Avalon is a very well built car. Hard to go wrong if it has been properly maintained and priced correctly.

With only 32k miles, it's hard to have missed much maintenance.

My wife has owned a 2000 Avalon and a 2006 Avalon Limited. The 2006 had a vvt oil line burst but was covered under warranty and the rear window shade started hanging up so I just pulled the fuse. Dealer wanted $1,200 to fix it out of warranty. As stated, the Avalon is basically a Lexus with a Toyota badge. Very quiet and cushy riding. She has a Lexus es350 currently and all have been good cars.

We have an 05 Avalon and those things are hard to kill. I keep performing maintenance on it and some repairs but it runs very well. Going to check the brakes this weekend to see how the Akebono pads and EBC rotors are holding out after 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back