Went shopping for Turkey yesterday. Fail.

We got a Butterball .59cents/lb. if you spend $25 or more. That was easy to $pend. Some Turkeys were more $$$ than that. Otherwise they were $1.59/lb.

My work gives everyone a turkey. This year it was a turkey breast but hey for free I’m not complaining and we are having it for Thanksgiving when we do it at my house next weekend as we are doing Thanksgiving with everyone else at my grandmas on Thursday. I couldn’t believe some of the people I work with gave their turkey away or just flat out acted ungrateful cause it wasn’t a name brand or cause it was only a breast. I’m grateful for anything I have and I’m thankful to work for a place that gives us one. We get a ham at Christmas too. I hope my grandma has already found a turkey. They seem to be in shortage around here too haven’t seen any.

I'm wondering how the wild turkeys in my neighborhood taste. They're literally everywhere. But they're full-sized - I'm guessing around 15-20 lbs.
Absolutely delicious. Grab a license and shoot yourself one.

I got a fresh plump 25 pound local farm raised turkey for $7.00/lb (Wholefoods is $3 with Prime for an "organic" turkey). I know the family and have been to their farm, and I like to support the locals who provide a quality product. Going to cook it with my dad and enjoy a special thanksgiving with the family.

There is no turkey shortage here. Was in Trader Joes this morning and they were literally falling on the floor. At HyVee the meat truck had just delivered. There were 3 pallets of turkeys looking for a cooler to go in, they were all full.. Prices were about 69¢ lb. if they were not tied into a special.

My goodness folks, someone says there is a shortage ( which is mostly :poop:) and prices go up 20-30% a few days later. This FOMO has to end. They will make more. Remember this is a Capitalist country, they want to make and sell more.

Absolutely delicious. Grab a license and shoot yourself one.

I got a fresh plump 25 pound local farm raised turkey for $7.00/lb (Wholefoods is $3 with Prime for an "organic" turkey). I know the family and have been to their farm, and I like to support the locals who provide a quality product. Going to cook it with my dad and enjoy a special thanksgiving with the family.

What's it look like? Like a mass-raised bird or maybe a different breed closer to a wild turkey?

But I live in the suburbs. Hunting is certainly not allowed here, and the turkeys absolutely thrive since there are acorns and other stuff everywhere. I have heard of some places where hunting is theoretically allowed on private land, but then there have been people who found bullet holes in their homes. I think part of the issue is that while some hunters get permission, they legally have to have permission of EVERY property owner within a certain distance.

Back