Went from GC to Mobil 1 T&SUV 5w-30 in my Acura...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only is it quite smooth, it revs much more easily. A bit more power. I'll look at the mpg over the next few weeks. I did not have M1 in the car before. No complaints. With GC and winter 89-91RON gas, it was settling at about 30 mpg. I have equal amounts of Mobil 1 (0w-30) and GC stashed, all in all, Mobil 1 is better for me and I would use it preferably.
fighter.gif
Likely I will keep using GC in summer to use it up. imo, I think GC offers a hair longer oci, but since I have an existing stash, extending past 3 months 8000 miles is pointless.

thats cool...are you base or type-s?

german castrol is still a favorite amongst many cars!
cheers.gif

Good to hear, I want to try Mobil1 5w-40 T&SUV.

My car burns GC just like it did with any other oil... ~1/2 qt at 3K miles.
Also, the engine isn't any quieter or louder compared to other oils I've used.

I'll have a GC UOA coming soon.
cool.gif

Either way, I'm gonna use GC for at least one more OCI.

I am thinking about trying some Mobil 1 5w30 in my car during the winter to see if there is any difference in MPG. I have a huge GC gold/green stash so I will probably use those for the summer time (120F+ thanks to CA desert).

See if all this GC MPG loss is true or not!
smile.gif

Really interested to see if you get any different MPG Auto-Union.

I definately feel the oil being thinner. There is no increase in loudness or "noise". It is zippier. I got an even 30 in the 1/2 tank with the T&S, same as with GC (winter gas) but I was driving it a good bit harder. I was actually surprised to hit 30. I topped back off and will chime in, but I expect to get a lil better mpg, likely I'll get the same 31-32 I got with GC and summer gas.

31.5 today. Regular winter gas and all hwy. Needless to say I was VERY surprised. That scenerio would usually yield 29 at best.

I just put M1 T&SUV 5w-30 in my Dodge Neon. The oil was the same price as the regular M1 5w-30. Is there any real difference between the two? I noticed that the T&SUV 5w-30 had different ACEA ratings - but the price is the same?

When it gets really cold try some M1 10W30 and let us know how the uber-thin stuff works?
Or a 50:50 mix of M1 5W30 (or 0W30) with M1 5W20 (or 0W20) should give you a hot viscosity about equal to M1 10W30, but the mix will flow better when cold.
twocents.gif

fwiw, I'm letting go much of my green GC stash. I think M1 30 weight is better for my car. Willing to trade, see my post in For Sale section.

Yep. Even the tiny step between 30 weight and 20 weight can be felt. Smaller engines are most sensitive, I think.

Auto-Union - I'm putting Mobil 1 5w30 in my 2.2L this Thursday. I'm currently getting 38.4MPG on my 110 mile drive home with GC Gold (34.1MPG to work in morning). On Friday I do another drive so we'll compare the MPG. If anything like your car maybe we'll top 40MPG!
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back