Well pump house heater?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to wire a small heater to the pressure switch wiring by using a relay or something?? so the heater shuts off if the pressure tank refills or? is this possible?... Thanks

I have no idea what you are trying to do. I must have just taken my stupid pill. What is your goal?? Is it a jet pump. Can the tank freeze?? Are you worried about the line freezing??

Seems like you need a thermostate on the heater with power to the thermostat at all times. What if you are on vacation in the winter and no one uses the well for days?

I use these yellow thermostat plugs from Lowes that turn on the heater at a few degrees above freezing and back off a few degrees above that. They are only a few dollars and save a lot of power. I do test them every year before winter hits. They just plug in between the heater and the wall recepticle.

I'm trying to get heat in the well house. The pressure tank and is located here, the well pump is submersible 40 ft down. Current I have an extension cord running to the heater but trying to elimanate that. Since there is power already in the well house from the pressure switch trying to figure out if tieing into that was possible?

Ahh..I see

Is it 115 with ground?

I would just put a small junction box upstream of the switch and put a receptacle fun the heater through the timer.with a timer and heater there.

The reason I'm saying a timer is bc thermostats on those small heaters are not very effective.

Only other problem would be the heater and pump running at the same time...tripping breaker. That could be remided but it would be expensine.

Is the well house above ground? Can U put it underground in a tanks/vault and insulate it? Can U put the pressure tank inside your home where the heat is? Just giving U some more options than trying to cope with the situation U have. There are better ways of doing things. Check with local professional well drillers in your area, they might be a great source of info for your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back