Well, I Hope I Didn't Just Waste My $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty impressive site. I've learned a lot, and am still learning. There is a LOAD of SNAKE OIL out there...

But since so many seem to believe:
bowdown.gif

I just ordered my AUTO RX...
gr_eek2.gif

My car is a '94 Crown Vic Police Interceptor with 155K. Usually a good ride, and I've done some upgrades for performance. No leaks. That being said: I do use some oil, giving me those stylish puffs of blue smoke after leaving a stoplight.
rolleyes.gif
I also has black residue in my tailpipes. The first 80K were conventional oil changes, I've used either Royal Purple or Mobil 1 since, and changed it religiously.

I guess I'll give a sponsor my biz, and see what happens.
dunno.gif

Any pointers, tips, or observations appreciated...
cheers.gif

Welcome Ulver

Auto Rx is a great product. Just make sure you follow the directions for your application EXACTLY per the website. It should cut down the smoke if it is caused by the ring packs being gummed up. Once you go thru the clean and rinse cycle it may be a good idea to do a UOA on the first OCI to get a feel for things. I would let Terry give you a read of the numbers. Money well spent IMHO.

cheers.gif

I'm finishing the second rinse in my decrepit old Chevy van, it runs noticably smoother and does not puff smoke at start-up any more. Rear main seal leak, while small, is pretty much gone now too.

Ditto what the others have said. Auto RX is a great product that does what it claims to do-safely. The most important thing is to follow the directions on the website and don't be tempted to change it too quick.

Sweet, I wanted someone to test auto-rx on the older valve stem seals to see if it helps.

I wasn't sure if they shrank or when they went bad they just were destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back