Weber Q300 Grill Parts Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gathermewool

Site Donor 2023
Do you guys have recommendations for a reliable, inexpensive Weber replacement parts source?

The only thing that needs to be replaced now are the (missing) lid hinge/cotter pins. We recently moved and I’ve searched for as long as im going to, with out any luck finding them. I figure going to the parts store for the pins is my best option (instead of purchasing Weber pins), but I wanted to ask here first, since I’ve never had to repair a grill and would like to keep this one going for a long time.

I haven’t fired the grill up in several years, so there may be more to R&R after a thorough cleaning and inspection. It has been in storage since our previous condo changed the rules a couple of years after we bought the grill, due to the insurance company establishing stricter requirements than a newly-issues statute...

Note: this will be our daily grilled. We’ve got a cheap Kenmore 4-burner for when we have guests or a lot to cook, but this one will see use often in warmer weather.

Yea, I found the Weber pins there for $10+, shipped; that site was at the top of my Google search. I have no experience with any of the online grill parts places, though.

Besides, I haven’t been able to determine just yet whether they’re even the right pins. I don’t see part numbers in my manual and, so far as I can tell, the site doesn’t offer applicability. I’m sure I’m missing something obvious, but maybe not.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Do you guys have recommendations for a reliable, inexpensive Weber replacement parts source?

The only thing that needs to be replaced now are the (missing) lid hinge/cotter pins. We recently moved and I’ve searched for as long as im going to, with out any luck finding them. I figure going to the parts store for the pins is my best option (instead of purchasing Weber pins), but I wanted to ask here first, since I’ve never had to repair a grill and would like to keep this one going for a long time.

I haven’t fired the grill up in several years, so there may be more to R&R after a thorough cleaning and inspection. It has been in storage since our previous condo changed the rules a couple of years after we bought the grill, due to the insurance company establishing stricter requirements than a newly-issues statute...

Note: this will be our daily grilled. We’ve got a cheap Kenmore 4-burner for when we have guests or a lot to cook, but this one will see use often in warmer weather.

hinge pins/cotter pins are probably standard hardware you could get at a local Ace. Save yourself some money and take a measurement.

Originally Posted By: philipp10
Originally Posted By: gathermewool

hinge pins/cotter pins are probably standard hardware you could get at a local Ace. Save yourself some money and take a measurement.

Ace Hardware around here is also a Weber distributor so they should have several options for those pins.

Originally Posted By: 9050lx
Sure seems like a well made product, and plenty for 2 people size-wise.

It is. I like it a lot - heats up quickly for smaller meals.

The Ace closest to me had very few Weber replacement parts - 99% of it was Weber-labeled grilling accessories and covers. So, a waste of a trip, except to now have that knowledge.

I did find Hillman-branded pins that fit perfectly. They were twice the price of purchasing pins that fit ALMOST as well as what I ended up purchasing. For future reference, here are the specs for anyone needing these in the future:

They're a little long (inconsequential --> 1" to 1-1/4" length would be perfect), but fit as snugly as if they were the OE part - perfect! Sprayed them down with FluidFilm and slid the pins back and forth to distribute the protectant/lube.

1/4 X 2” Clevis Pins
-----$1.89 for 2 @ Ace

5/64 X 1-5/16” Hitch Pin Clips
-----$0.59 for 2 @ Ace

I've had very good luck with grillparts.com. Replaced the burners, valves and heat distribution plates in my Jenn Air. No one else had anything for it.

Thanks, NYEngineer. I was hoping someone would chime in who had a good experience with an online retailer. I'll keep them book-marked for future reference.

Just a note, in case it's not obvious RE: Fluid Film on the hinges:

The hinge and pins get as hot as the grill cover. The Fluid Film, which you can see was liberally applied, wasn't wiped away before I started the grill up. It didn't smoke much, but was visually gone in short order.

I now this thing isn't a high-load, high-wear point, but I was curious to see what would happen. I might try some high-temp never-seize next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back