Weber E-310 BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I moved into a new place and am looking for a new BBQ.

It’s only myself and I don’t get a lot of guests, so I do not need a big one.

I am considering a Weber E-310 or E-330, but they are a significant investment. However, I would not mind spending the money if it means that I will be getting a longer lasting unit.

Any recs? I am open to considering other brands/models.

Thanks

We have a Weber Genesis that's now about 3 years old. We use it 2-3 times a week in the summer and 3-4 times a month in the winter. One of the things you'll notice about the Weber is that it's built like a tank compared to the $199 gas grills.

It replaced our Weber Red Top that is now doing duty at our lake house. The red top is probably late 1980's vintage and still works great.

The new Genesis is built in and the LP runs off our main LP system for the house. I fully expect it to last as long as the old red top, if not longer. Chances are good that it will still be going strong after I'm gone.

If I needed to purchase another one today, I wouldn't hesitate to get another Weber Genesis. I've had zero problems with it.

weber spirit is ok but thats their made in china line..

if you are going to spend that much might as well get a genesis.

if you are going to spend 450$ on a grill might as well go hogwild and buy the non-china genesis for 700$
better materials too.

If unaffordable I'd try to find the spirit series near 300$ should be some good fall deals coming up soon.

Last edited:
I cook outside a lot! I designed my own rather large outdoor cooker (a good friend is an artist with steel) fro pigs and lamb. It is encased in fire brick and stoned on the outside with a DCS gas grill insert into stone on the side. Real deal setup over 20k if you were to have it designed and built. I did most of it myself with 2 day laborers. Amazing unit....

Here is the BUT: I also cook a lot on a $30 smokin joe weber and a gold (IIRC) weber. $150 for the gold and I'm sure its Chinese built. The gold is great and perfect for tailgating. The legs are easily removed and the ash pan works well.

I fish the Catskill's often and take the smoking joe. When my kids or I catch a trout we often will clean it and cook it at the end of our day. Best $30!!!!!!! I've found if you actually take some dish detergent and scrub it yearly they will last many years. A buddy had a $75 unit from a chain store and he cleaned it and kept it covered. 2 years and rusted and looked horrible. Weber seems to be legit!

Happy cookin!

Originally Posted By: The Critic

I am considering a Weber E-310 or E-330,

I have an older version of this grill (E300), bought in 2009. It's been a decent unit with consistent temperatures and little flare ups. No complaints, but I did replace the stock porcelain cooking grates with stainless steel ones.

You should honestly look into The Big Green Egg.

http://www.biggreenegg.com/

It's the best grill ever made, ever. 'Nuff said. My buddies and I (7 of us) all went out and bought one after one of our friends got one as a wedding gift.

Trust me on this. At least give it a look.

I have a NG E300 since 2009, Juat replaced the electric igniter.
Grates are pretty much done,Usable but bent and getting rusty.
Burner and grill body is holding up exceptionally well.
After I replace the grates it should be good for another 5 years.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Real men don't cook with gas.

Real men post information that is helpful to the original poster.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Real men don't cook with gas.

trolls post this^^ at least include something helpful like your idea of a good charcoal grill.

charcoal takes too long. i get home @515.Light it,wait till 630 to put food on it.cook 30-45 mins.im not eating till 730!

i like my gas grill and the food it cooks once the grill is seasoned

^^^Likewise. 10 minutes (or even less) to get to 600 degrees, brush off the big chunks and start grilling!

Right here right now is why gas gets my vote. Once the grill has a bit of usage the flavor becomes very authentic, and a tray of wet wood chips can be magical!

Originally Posted By: Phishin
You should honestly look into The Big Green Egg.

http://www.biggreenegg.com/

It's the best grill ever made, ever. 'Nuff said. My buddies and I (7 of us) all went out and bought one after one of our friends got one as a wedding gift.

Trust me on this. At least give it a look.

This man knows what he speaks of. The EGG is awesome. A friend has one. Costly, but I'd have to say hard to beat.

If I didn't have my stoned setup I'h have gotten the egg.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
charcoal takes too long. i get home @515.Light it,wait till 630 to put food on it.cook 30-45 mins.im not eating till 730!

i like my gas grill and the food it cooks once the grill is seasoned

Why so long? 1hr 15min? With a charcoal chimney, I have coals ready to cook on in 12min max. Period.

I would not hesitate to buy a Weber. However, the Spirit series is made in China vs. the American made Genesis.

This year I replaced a very old Char-Broil with a Broil King Baron I bought at Lowes Hardware. They're a Canadian company with manufacturing also in the US. So far, I'm happy. I'm not saying the Spirit is a bad grill, but it played a part in my decision.

Broil King linky

Get a Weber Q for fast, easy grilling.

Add a Weber kettle for charcoal indirect cooking and smoking.

I have both and it is a great combination.

Another vote for the Weber Q series. Virtually no bells & whistles, but it doesn't need 'em. The heavy ceramic-coated cast iron grate & one good burner will quickly win you over. You want grill marks? You'll get 'em.
thumbsup2.gif
You might even find one used- I did last summer. I have the original, which is now the medium-sized model. For a single or a couple, the small model will do just fine, I'd swap mine in a heartbeat.

The Weber Q & a little Weber Smoky Joe charcoal kettle grill are all I have, for me they do very well. I don't tend to be a big brand-name loyalist, but Weber sure got it right with the propane Q-series & the charcoal kettle grills.

Originally Posted By: UncleS2
Another vote for the Weber Q series. Virtually no bells & whistles, but it doesn't need 'em. The heavy ceramic-coated cast iron grate & one good burner will quickly win you over. You want grill marks? You'll get 'em.
thumbsup2.gif
You might even find one used- I did last summer. I have the original, which is now the medium-sized model. For a single or a couple, the small model will do just fine, I'd swap mine in a heartbeat.

The Weber Q & a little Weber Smoky Joe charcoal kettle grill are all I have, for me they do very well. I don't tend to be a big brand-name loyalist, but Weber sure got it right with the propane Q-series & the charcoal kettle grills.

smile.gif
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3374955/Spatchcock#Post3374955

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back