Weathertech Floor Liners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the WeatherTech liners in our 1 year old vehicle and they are great.

Their mats stink. The drivers side is good but the passenger side is HALF of the floor area. I called them up and their answer was "what do you expect for $99? We make them to fit many different vehicles and yours does not get complete coverage. If you want full coverage buy the $169 liners."

The problem I do see with the liners is they are not that thick and will wear a hole being more plastic. At least the mats are rubber.

Their warranty is only 3 years and judging by their customer service I'd hate to have to use it. Sadly they are pretty well the only game in town and I hate to say that I'd buy from them again but would not accept their poor products like the mats I have. Each time I'm in the truck I get ticked off at them.

I should have returned them.
09.gif

Plus I hate their ads with the clown who founded them in each one. Spend less on marketing and take those $$ and put it in the product and lower the costs.

Bill

2+ years on the set in my parent's Altima and they have held up fantastic. Then again, that car hardly sees any heavy-duty use.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
I've got the WeatherTech liners in our 1 year old vehicle and they are great.

Their mats stink. The drivers side is good but the passenger side is HALF of the floor area. I called them up and their answer was "what do you expect for $99? We make them to fit many different vehicles and yours does not get complete coverage. If you want full coverage buy the $169 liners."

The problem I do see with the liners is they are not that thick and will wear a hole being more plastic. At least the mats are rubber.

Their warranty is only 3 years and judging by their customer service I'd hate to have to use it. Sadly they are pretty well the only game in town and I hate to say that I'd buy from them again but would not accept their poor products like the mats I have. Each time I'm in the truck I get ticked off at them.

I should have returned them.
09.gif

Plus I hate their ads with the clown who founded them in each one. Spend less on marketing and take those $$ and put it in the product and lower the costs.

Bill

Wow!
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
The problem I do see with the liners is they are not that thick and will wear a hole being more plastic.

Anyone know why they switched from the carpet faced ones to the plastic ones? The ones I got for my Lightning were the same idea - dished, fitted, and waterproof, but with properly coloured carpeting, rather than the current design.

I don't like the feel of the liners (thin and like plastic). And like Bill said, the mats leave something to be desired.

We have the OEM all weather mats in both of our vehicles. The materials are superior to WeatherTech (in my opinion) and the fit and finish is up to OEM standard. For the price of a WeatherTech floor liner set, we have OEM all weather mats AND the OEM rear cargo liner in each of our cars. I think the OEM is a better value, at least in our case. All OEM all weather mats may not be as good, depending on the actual OEM...

I have had a set of their plastic liners in the front of my truck for 8 years now and love them. They look thin, but have held up for over 75,000 miles of driving, get dirt, sand, snow, gunk in them and nothing gets on the carpet. Just pull them out, hose them off, good to go.

They are well made, fit perfectly, clean easily and last a long time...what more could you want?

I have them for my Civic (front only) and they are perfect. On the Honda the gas/trunk door switch tends to get salty from soaking the carpet and it rots the cable. With the Weathertech liners all the weather and moisture is held in the rubber mat and it keeps the trunk release safe. The fit is snug as well.

I will be buying them for whatever car I am driving from now on. I only use them in the winter.

I had digital fit liners in my truck for a couple of years. They never showed any signs of wear even with gravel and work boots rubbing on them. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another set. Their fit and function was worth the price.

What has impressed me most about the Weathertech is their enormous advertizing budget! You can not pick an auto related rag and not find multi-page spread of Weathertech. Some of them have them twice i.e. once at the beginning and then at the end again. It is like watching the same commercial again and again on your local channel every 3 minutes :)

Originally Posted By: Vikas
What has impressed me most about the Weathertech is their enormous advertizing budget! You can not pick an auto related rag and not find multi-page spread of Weathertech. Some of them have them twice i.e. once at the beginning and then at the end again. It is like watching the same commercial again and again on your local channel every 3 minutes :)

Haha
It probably costs then $10 to make the liners they charge $100+ for.

Originally Posted By: Vikas

And guess who pays for the over advertising of each and every mag telling his life story and how great he is....

I'm raising my hand and hitting my head.
33.gif

I have a pair in my Silverado pickup truck. I help my Dad build houses for a living, and there's a lot of mud getting tracked into that truck on my boots. I bought the Weathertech liners in 2006.

If you were to see the inside of my truck today, you'd never know that it is used in construction. The carpet in it is as clean as can be, and I've never shampooed it once.

Yes, they are worth the money. When you sell the car, you could probably sell the Weathertech liners on eBay, and get half of your money back.

I have the Floor Liners.

Yellow-Liner-440291-Expedition-061.JPG

Yea, I bought a set of Weathertech mats for my Subaru. What did I get for my $100+? A nice set of $25 mats and $75 of advertizing.

Ed

I have them for my Odyssey and I like them but I second the cheap look. Also they have an issue curling around the edges where passengers get in and out of the sliding doors. But they sure have saved us from cleaning up countless stains. I'd probably buy them for my Si except I love the factory carpet mat w/ the little red-stitched Si logo...

Originally Posted By: BrianWC
I have them for my Odyssey and I like them but I second the cheap look. Also they have an issue curling around the edges where passengers get in and out of the sliding doors. But they sure have saved us from cleaning up countless stains. I'd probably buy them for my Si except I love the factory carpet mat w/ the little red-stitched Si logo...

Living in LA I certainly wouldn't bother. Only reason I got them at all is for salt in the winter. In the spring my carpet mats always go back in.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig

Living in LA I certainly wouldn't bother. Only reason I got them at all is for salt in the winter. In the spring my carpet mats always go back in.

I got them for the Odyssey b/c I have 3 kids 9 and under. If the weathertechs weren't in, the wife would have a technicolor psychedelic rainbow floor. They don't understand why there's a "no eating" rule in Daddy's car...

I got them for the Odyssey b/c I have 3 kids 9 and under. If the weathertechs weren't in, the wife would have a technicolor psychedelic rainbow floor. They don't understand why there's a "no eating" rule in Daddy's car...

Does the "no eating" rule in Daddy's car apply to Daddy as well?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back