We Got Our Very Own $50 Mobil 1 Annual Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on. Anything over $25 per five qt container is a slow seller. In my area Wally World which has a good amount of a higher household income people nearby the oils that sell for greater than $25 sell MUCH slower than anything less than $25.

Castrol Edge 10w30 at WM is normally around $28 has been marked down to $21. And of this morning it's priced at $15. They have three jugs of it left, kind of tempting.

We had the 5w30 here at my local Walmart last weekend marked at the same price as standard Full Synthetic. I went back today in hope of grabbing some at a discount, but there was no sign of any.

... walked in willing to pay $29 for just one jug EP (did not know AP hit town) ...
Now I have two changes for single AP price ...

Mobil 1 Extended Performance $26 after tax , simple I am buying. Annual Performance I will let others try it and post their results before I will consider a purchase.

Mobil 1™ Annual Protection limited warranty

Be advised that if your vehicle is covered by a warranty, you should follow the vehicle’s oil life sensor or the oil change interval recommended in your owner’s manual to avoid a disruption in your vehicle warranty.

Follow your owner’s manual if the vehicle is operated in any of the following severe services: racing or commercial applications including taxis, limousines, etc.; frequent towing or hauling; extremely dusty or dirty conditions; or under excessive idling conditions. {This applies whether its in or out of warranty}.

The new AmsMobil 1 with approvals.

Last edited:
Redline is 4 quarts for $50 at WM website ...
XOM is selling everything but GIII base stocks ... so we may find its loaded up high end pretty well ... I'll take my time waiting for the price to drop some - and see what intelligence comes out in the mean time ...

I was the nut case that just pick this up from WM. I will be changing my oil next month since we are moving across country while towing my wife car. I will be doing a UOA after a year of this oil use.

Good for you - thought we'd have to take up a collection !
I'm sure it's a solid product - Looking forward to the UOA - and keep it safe on the tow ...

Originally Posted By: mike718
I was the nut case that just pick this up from WM. I will be changing my oil next month since we are moving across country while towing my wife car. I will be doing a UOA after a year of this oil use.

Please let us know what your impressions are as you use the new oil!

If you mind me asking, what is going on with the labels of the bottles you have? The color of the "Annual Protection" is darker. In other photos, it is a tannish color, yours is almost dark gray.

I will let you guys know my impression for this oil!

As for the picture, the color is a reflective gold for the "Annual Protection" and the reason why it is darker is because of the low light when I took the picture.

Originally Posted By: nascarnation
Mobil has gotten so much free advertising out of this stuff (it's already legendary at BITOG), they won't have to sell even a quart to have it be an economic plus for them.
not a business major but I'm certain they need to sell some

Originally Posted By: CrackyWainwright
We got the $50 Mobil 1 here in beautiful, historic Hamilton, Alabama this week.

We got it years ago, before even EP rolled out. Up here, they just call it Mobil 1, and put a really big price tag on it.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: pbm
How much are the single quarts of AP at WM?

IIRC $12.46/qt. I read in one of the threads here.

Originally Posted By: FlyingTexan
[/quote]not a business major but I'm certain they need to sell some

They have. It's in WMs all over the country.
Now it's WMs problem to sell it to the public.
Unless WM was smart enough (and they may well be) to include a provision to send it back for credit and/or get compensation if they have to flush it at drastically marked down prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back