WD-40 to clean/potect/shine wheels ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone on here use WD-40 to clean up aluminum alloy wheels or maybe use it after the wheels are clean to protect/shine them. I was thinking of spraying them down and wiping excess off. Seemed to take away the water spots on one wheel I tried. I was hoping it might keep brake dust down also. Any thoughts?

quote:

Originally posted by 2004 F150 4x4:
Anyone on here use WD-40 to clean up aluminum alloy wheels or maybe use it after the wheels are clean to protect/shine them. I was thinking of spraying them down and wiping excess off. Seemed to take away the water spots on one wheel I tried. I was hoping it might keep brake dust down also. Any thoughts?

WD40 is oily and will draw dust.
Go with a synthetic polymer protectant such as Zaino,Liquid Glass,Klasse,Mother's Reflections etc. to for shine ands easy clean up of brake dust and dirt.

I end up using a standard polishing/glasse (but not wax) to bring up the lustre of the wheels, get rid of the last bit of paint contamination, on my (powder coated) Magnesium Ferrari Wheels.

even though it's painfully obvious, don't spray any on the discs or caliper areas. One of those things that had to be said, as i've watched guys spray wd on everything, yea, looks great , right till he blows through the 1st corner imitating a yard dart.......
44H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back