Waxing, Washing Winter Time etc ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're re-applying sealants/dressings quite often if you go through a touchless every day (or even every week). Their chemicals are quite harsh.

Sulphuric Acid, Bromic (sp?) acid, and a few others I forgot. I was an attendant for one of these for a while.

Patman:

Your car will be just fine, as long as you always stick to the factory paint. Word of advice: cars with paints jobs or body work done should not enter one of these automatic washes.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: rg200amp

Perhaps have the detail shop wax the car once now, so your good for the winter.

I just applied a coat of NXT 2.0 on November 14th actually.

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Sulphuric Acid, Bromic (sp?) acid, and a few others I forgot. I was an attendant for one of these for a while.

Patman:

Your car will be just fine, as long as you always stick to the factory paint. Word of advice: cars with paints jobs or body work done should not enter one of these automatic washes.
wink.gif

Paint is all factory original. But I have been considering getting the front end and hood repainted in a year or two. What problems would I have going through the touchless wash with a repaint?

I go to the touchless car washes exclusively in the winter (or the DIY ones) and my wax lasts through the winter just fine. I got through almost the entire winter with Meguair's Gold Class last winter with harsh road salt, and once a week or every other week touchless/DIY washes with the supposed harsh chemicals. I am going to see what happens this year with NXT 2.0.

I just waxed my girlfriend's brand new RAV4 in the garage over the weekend. Was about 40F out, I just washed it (touchless) and put in the garage with a 1500 Watt space heater for about an hour. The wax dried just fine in 30 minutes and wiped right off (NXT 2.0). No big deal.

The point is to wax the car when it's easiest to do. Down here I put 2 coats on in Spring and Fall. My car is garaged.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
^ Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine (ONR) -- inside closed garage. If the vehicle is real nasty, I first will spray it off at the nearest "pay and spray".

+1. You can use warm water so that your hand doesn't freeze up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back