need some car wash soap recommendations?

I guess i left out some key requirements

Im going to be using it in an electric foam lance to snow foam the car. 1L bottle.
In addition i need it to have dirt dissolving properties and not just a boat load of foam to look cool.

The main objective is to remove stuck on particles, and also forgo the 2 bucket method/minimize the contact wash

Higher pH washes

Bilt Hamber Auto Foam
Gyeon Q2M Foam
Koch-Chemie Active Foam
Koch-Chemie Super Foam
Wash Chems Pro 100

Griot's is what pros use. Meguiar's and Chemical Guys is what people at Walmart & AutoZone buy.
Pros are usually aligned with either 3M (Meguiar’s) or Refinish Solutions Group (Mothers).

OTOH if 2 guys are charging money to wash cars with scotchbrites and vodka, is that “what pros use”?

Maybe but the Meguiars...Chemical Guys and Turtle Wax stuff works just fine....IMO
It works fine. Chemical Guys is a little bit annoying because they have so many products that overlap each other, it will make your head spin... they do that on purpose to encourage people to buy more stuff. It's all emphasis on marketing and fancy/colorful labels more than the quality.

Meguiar's is IMO better, but Griot's Garage is best. Griot's products are not usually (ever?) available at Walmart or AutoZone ... it is more targeted to pros. Available in larger containers like gallons etc. and products are available on amazon. Less marketing and more quality. Their 3-in-1 ceramic detailer is particularly great.

+1 for Gold class. 3D Pink car soap, Meguiars Hyper wash, and ONR car soap are pretty good. Can’t go wrong with those. Hyper wash can be diluted 400/1 too. Very economical.

Reactions: hrv
It works fine. Chemical Guys is a little bit annoying because they have so many products that overlap each other, it will make your head spin... they do that on purpose to encourage people to buy more stuff. It's all emphasis on marketing and fancy/colorful labels more than the quality.

Meguiar's is IMO better, but Griot's Garage is best. Griot's products are not usually (ever?) available at Walmart or AutoZone ... it is more targeted to pros. Available in larger containers like gallons etc. and products are available on amazon. Less marketing and more quality. Their 3-in-1 ceramic detailer is particularly great.
My Autozone carries a lot of Griots stuff and it is also on there website too...

I like Meguiar's Gold, but with one caveat. I had my car professionally coated (ceramic). Meguiars Gold (like many other car soaps) has a little bit of carnauba wax in it. That's great, but not really needed on a ceramic coating. Doesn't hurt anything, it's just not really needed. It's ideal to use a car soap that's designed for ceramic coatings.

Reactions: hrv
My Autozone carries a lot of Griots stuff and it is also on there website too...
Interesting. My local AutoZones don't carry any of it ... I wish they did. I have ordered direct from Griot's website and if you order I think over $80 the shipping is free.

I like Meguiar's Gold, but with one caveat. I had my car professionally coated (ceramic). Meguiars Gold (like many other car soaps) has a little bit of carnauba wax in it. That's great, but not really needed on a ceramic coating. Doesn't hurt anything, it's just not really needed. It's ideal to use a car soap that's designed for ceramic coatings.
Im using up my mg ultimate wash and wax, and while it adds lubricity, the dirt removing power is sorely lacking,

Can't go wrong with Meguiars Gold Class, available almost anywhere, cheap and works decently.

Another good inexpensive one is also from Meguiars, their D110 Hyper-Wash is quite good too (better then the Gold Class.) I use it in a foam cannon as well as just a bucket and it works great in both.

Bilt Hammer makes some very good soaps for cannons but they are a lot more pricey...

You have to order it online, but I like to use Meguiar's Hyper Wash. It's a little spendy, but you only need 1oz per 5 gallon bucket of warsh. It foams up very nice especially if you have a water softener or rainwater cistern setup.
I prefer Meguiar's Shampoo Plus. It is considered to be the professional level of Gold Class. It has gloss enhancers and conditioners that Hyper Wash does not. Shampoo Plus is also priced better: $25.99/gal vs. $36.99 for Hyper Wash. I use just 1 oz. in a small bucket, so my gallon has lasted a very long time. It stays very sudsy once mixed and has a pleasant smell.

I prefer Meguiar's Shampoo Plus. It is considered to be the professional level of Gold Class. It has gloss enhancers and conditioners that Hyper Wash does not. Shampoo Plus is also priced better: $25.99/gal vs. $36.99 for Hyper Wash. I use just 1 oz. in a small bucket, so my gallon has lasted a very long time. It stays very sudsy once mixed and has a pleasant smell.

Shampoo Plus is decent. I've used a couple gallons of it. I don't use it due to the gloss enhancers. I just want a wash and that's it. It always left a funky film after drying.

Back