Canned paste synthetic wax cracking in can

Ideas on how to soften synthetic wax (Finish Kare FK1000) that has hardened and cracked in the can? I have heated the can in boiling water in the past but it did not always work.

Last edited:
Given it's probably an oil or alcohol which volatilizes out of the product....and you'd be rubbing the resulting reconstituted product into a painted surface, I'd take the hit and buy fresh.

Maybe contacting the manufacturer and ask them?

When I gathered 5 half-used jars of anti-seize, Permatex told me I could use any light oil to work the lumps back into usefulness.

I'm all for saving some money and avoiding tossing any product, waxing a car is such a "pretty" job, I wouldn't want to get it wrong.

I mist water on mine as well as the applicator pad and keep using it. AFAIK no negative effects, still buffs to a nice shine and I’ve done this for years.

I mist water on mine as well as the applicator pad and keep using it. AFAIK no negative effects, still buffs to a nice shine and I’ve done this for years.
I do the same thing and the stuff is fantastic. Was just hoping I could make it one mass again.

i just stopped using mine and let it die. it was almost impossible to get off black plastic if not careful . no more need to worry with spray sealants

i just stopped using mine and let it die. it was almost impossible to get off black plastic if not careful . no more need to worry with spray sealants
Most waxes state to keep off black plastic. My wax works fine best I can tell other than the cracking stated..

Back