water injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any experience with water injection for the purpose of cleaning combustion chamber deposits, specifically with fuel injected engines?

Nice post Blazer.. my car has 151K KM so I don't think I need to do that just yet.. and it went thru a coke cycle also.. hahahahaha.. long story.. lets just say engine was sitting with water in it for bout half a year.. and it works fine * other then boost problem right now which I will live with till extra $$ is in hand.. which won't be for a while cause of christmas.

I have a question.. so you didn't stick the pvc hose into the water.. how far was it? Can I just use a spray bottle and mist water thru the TB? stead?

I made a post title H20 Injection and NA Engines here.

Ended up getting like 40 responses and some people lost there temper.

One of the guys here owns a company in that.

Aqua something dot com?

I hope he sees that and replies assuming that rant did not anger him out.

Hopefully not.. I want information.. not Soap opera.. or else we should have to start a new forum for soap opera and called "The Oil in our Cars"
lol.gif

offtopic.gif
sorry... need more info

Here's my question about the water thing.
Is it going to wreck the spark plugs?
Is there a chance that any water could get into the oil?

I'm not expert as I haven't done it yet.. but I don't think there will be an issue as it's not as abrasive and harsh as sea foam or GM's top engine cleaner.. the chance is always there.. but I personally think it's less then stated items above.

Chance of it gettin in the oil would be if you have a bad piston ring.

Only thing you want to worry bout is hyrdrolock. which is when you put too much water into the cylinder.

Thanks, BlazerLT for the post. This is great info.

Personally, I can't see how water can do any damage because by the time it hits your cylinder it is already steam (unless you inject too much). And since H2O is the primary product of combustion, you're doing nothing more than increasing the total amount of it.

I would suggest using distilled water because the lime scale dissolved in water can be a little abrasive and could end up in your oil. And due to the increased amount of water in your system, I would suspect that your oil would pick up a little water if you did not run the car for a fair amount of time afterwards.

BTW: water injection is known to increase the perceived octane of the fuel used. If you could figure a way to meter water in while accelerating, you could run 86 octane gas and your car will think it is 93 octane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back