Fuel injection for AMC 304

Please explain why it is that you think square vs spread bore has anything to do with that.

Edelbrock did at one time sell some manifolds in this configuration, they may still, and they have/had EO numbers.
Because the Performer is a 4 bbl manifold. If you want to run a 2 bbl get a 2 bbl manifold.
QuadraJet is a very efficient carburator vs the Edelbrock, which is based on the Carter AFB. GM no longer used them after 1966 as far as I know; GM used Q-Jets. In late '66 the Q-Jet started to be used.

600 CFM is way, way too much for a 304, even with the required new intake you'd have to add so you could bolt it on. I like the OP's idea on the new 350 CFM 2 bbl. Keep it simple.
Apologies to the group here, I missed the fact @Oscar11 already had an Edelbrock intake. In that case a 500 CFM is what most Jeepers run with that setup. I had a '79 CJ-7 with a 304 and the motor was stock. It made plenty of power for such a light vehicle with a 2" lift. Only time the 2 bbl Motorcraft bogged down off-roading was when I was trying to crawl up a very steep hill. EFI would solve that. It it were mine, I'd go with the 500 CFM carb, not sure who much off camber wheelin' you do.

Back