Watch out for over-training in exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wallyuwl
I'm a PhD candidate in exercise science. Your problem isn't training too much. It is sleeping too little and all the other stressors you have going on in your life right now. You probably have dietary issues (perhaps not eating enough, and/or not getting enough nutrients with the food you are eating) as well. So the combination of all the other stuff, plus the exercise, is what did you in. It isn't the exercise on its own.

Yeah.... 8-9 hours may be unobtainable, but you need more sleep.

Originally Posted By: Nyquist
You're all entitled to your opinions. I appreciate the feedback I got from some of you.

I need to be in stellar shape as part of my job hence the reason for the training. It's a double-edge sword I suppose... Cut on sleep a bit, excel at my job and try to be a good dad/supportive husband or sleep my life away to avoid a short-term illness or the occasional bout with fatigue.

For those that haven't had to choose, let me know how it goes when you're presented with this situation and your choice.

Sleep you life away? Adding a couple extra hours of sleep hardly qualifies as "Sleeping your life away", especially when it directly relates to your health. The very issue you are posting about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back