Washer repair ?

Ahhhh, yes, I should have stated that better, I think, maybe. But what you bought is something more that I had in mind.
Dials and knobs, yes, backed by electronics and solenoids, but more minimal. I strongly suspect what you picked out will be far more reliable, actually I know the units well and have looked at them a few times in Home Depot.
They also have a really nice finish on them and yes, I understand that the control are electronic, they have a nice click to them, I suspect being the machine is so popular it will still be reliable and if not easy to service and get the parts compared to some machines from overseas corporations, though maybe a bit bothersome that the Chinese now own GE.

The other I had in mind was from Whirlpool, similar machine and still actually Whirlpool. Seems to be a bit of a shortage right now and prices went through the roof but starting to come down. Actually I know there was a covid related appliance shortage, like everything else.

Well they arrived today. As you can see the space is tight, only GE and Whirlpool made a dryer that was shallow enough to fit in the space. Ran a few loads through them and I'm impressed, the washer gives you a lot of options for water level, has an agitator and the lid doesn't lock until it starts the high speed spin. It's clearly all electronic, it beeps every time you twist any of the knobs (seems unnecessary) and plays a little song at the end of the cycle. Also has an RJ-45 port on the back which I assume is for firmware updates and diagnostics. I'm happy with the initial performance of both and the price was great.

cGZjLQy.jpg

Well they arrived today. As you can see the space is tight, only GE and Whirlpool made a dryer that was shallow enough to fit in the space. Ran a few loads through them and I'm impressed, the washer gives you a lot of options for water level, has an agitator and the lid doesn't lock until it starts the high speed spin. It's clearly all electronic, it beeps every time you twist any of the knobs (seems unnecessary) and plays a little song at the end of the cycle. Also has an RJ-45 port on the back which I assume is for firmware updates and diagnostics. I'm happy with the initial performance of both and the price was great.
What model and size capacity is the washer? How is it holding up? I have a 6 year old Samsung 5.2cf that was recalled for top becoming detached. I thought that meant the top lid I have with broken hinge. Wrong, some other safety part clamp they add. Top hinge still broken, no parts available, samsung "supposedly" refunding under warranty (once recall is done it gets a 12 month warranty). Been working on that for a month now.

Consumer reports rates many LG's best but user reviews are more bad then good. That applies to all the reviews also for new samsung, maytag, whirlpool.

Just very sad overall.

I had a Samsung refrigerator that after 6 years and multiple repairs wouldn't make ice, would freeze up and not stay cold. extended warranties helped with repairs, not lost food. History of multiple repairs doesn't add or show that it needs replacement etc. Samsung customer service is like all the rest, like root canal with no Novocain.

I need a new top load washer when refund comes some day. I can't recommend any Samsung appliances to anyone. $2000 fridge = 6 years, $1000 washer = 6 years. My parents old Kenmore's in whatever green color from 20+ years ago = still running.

What model and size capacity is the washer? How is it holding up? I have a 6 year old Samsung 5.2cf that was recalled for top becoming detached. I thought that meant the top lid I have with broken hinge. Wrong, some other safety part clamp they add. Top hinge still broken, no parts available, samsung "supposedly" refunding under warranty (once recall is done it gets a 12 month warranty). Been working on that for a month now.

Consumer reports rates many LG's best but user reviews are more bad then good. That applies to all the reviews also for new samsung, maytag, whirlpool.

Just very sad overall.

I had a Samsung refrigerator that after 6 years and multiple repairs wouldn't make ice, would freeze up and not stay cold. extended warranties helped with repairs, not lost food. History of multiple repairs doesn't add or show that it needs replacement etc. Samsung customer service is like all the rest, like root canal with no Novocain.

I need a new top load washer when refund comes some day. I can't recommend any Samsung appliances to anyone. $2000 fridge = 6 years, $1000 washer = 6 years. My parents old Kenmore's in whatever green color from 20+ years ago = still running.

Only had it a few months, but very happy with it. Love how customizable the settings are, you can add as much water as you want. There's also a speedwash cycle that it really quick. I haven't timed it, but I'd say it's only about 20 minutes. The space it's in is limited so I needed something with a small footprint and this fit like a glove. Price was right as well, even signed up for the HD CC to save $100.

Screenshot 2021-11-25 163524.png

Back