Was this the Regane or MMO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added a bottle of Regane to the fuel about 140 miles ago but I only noticed a slight improvement with the way the car ran until today. It actually suprised me a bit. Does it usually take Regane that long to actually kick in? And when I changed my oil about 500 miles ago with PP I added a pint of MMO along with it. Do you think this boost was the Regane or just the benefit of the MMO?

If u have a lot of junk in ur engine, sludge, gummed up lifters, valves that look like concrete, and seats with tons of carbon, it can be 4 weeks before all that stuff gets out. MMO is a mild cleaner and Regane I don't use, so I don't know about it. Put MMO in ur gas for a month, 4oz to 10 gallons of gas. MMO by the gallon is 12 bucks and some change at wally world when they have it. There is a website where they add 2 cycle oil with the additive tcw-3 to the gas, 1 oz to 5 gallons of gas. I have been using it on my Dodge, it cleans as u go, sound weird, but I'm getting mileage to 17mpg on that one ton van,,usually its at 15 to 16 on highway, so 17 is a big jump for me..2 cycle oil by the gallon with tcw3 is maybe 10 bucks. Makes ur gas a lubricant and a ucl, quiets the fuel pump too, no smell either.

Car thats in my sig. '87 Camry, 2.0L 4-cyl. 16v. Just wanted to do some nice cleaning since it wasnt taken care of too well, I believe, before I got it.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
If u have a lot of junk in ur engine, sludge, gummed up lifters, valves that look like concrete, and seats with tons of carbon, it can be 4 weeks before all that stuff gets out. MMO is a mild cleaner and Regane I don't use, so I don't know about it. Put MMO in ur gas for a month, 4oz to 10 gallons of gas. MMO by the gallon is 12 bucks and some change at wally world when they have it. There is a website where they add 2 cycle oil with the additive tcw-3 to the gas, 1 oz to 5 gallons of gas. I have been using it on my Dodge, it cleans as u go, sound weird, but I'm getting mileage to 17mpg on that one ton van,,usually its at 15 to 16 on highway, so 17 is a big jump for me..2 cycle oil by the gallon with tcw3 is maybe 10 bucks. Makes ur gas a lubricant and a ucl, quiets the fuel pump too, no smell either.

Ive seen and heard of 2 cycle. But where can tcw3 be found? Judging by the price im guessing it has PEA?

Not taken care of too well??? It's 23 years old! If it's still running it was taken care of well enough haha

Not that there's really any comparison, but I tried MMO in my old 97 Subie and it didn't change anything. After hearing so many on here say great things about it, I used what was recommended for maybe 5 fillups, but nothing happened. I was hoping for something, so not even worth a placebo affect in my case.

FWIW, I do use Redline and Techron (and Regane in the future) every 10kmi or so in every vehicle I've owned with out any significant results, but I just tell myself it's more preventive maintenance
wink.gif

Define better?

Regane does a good job of cleaning injectors and carbon deposits.

I had one of the 5.9L Magnum Dodge Trucks that had a tendency to leak oil through the manifold belly pan into the intake which caused carbon build-up in the chambers and on pistons.

It had no knock sensors so it would progressively go from no knock on 87 to knocking even on 93. I would dump 2 bottles of Regane into a 26 gallon tank of fuel. Within 100-200 miles it would stop knocking and when I filled it back up using 87 octane it wouldnt knock. If I remember correctly it was something like every 4000 miles I had to add Regane.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Not taken care of too well??? It's 23 years old! If it's still running it was taken care of well enough haha

Not that there's really any comparison, but I tried MMO in my old 97 Subie and it didn't change anything. After hearing so many on here say great things about it, I used what was recommended for maybe 5 fillups, but nothing happened. I was hoping for something, so not even worth a placebo affect in my case.

FWIW, I do use Redline and Techron (and Regane in the future) every 10kmi or so in every vehicle I've owned with out any significant results, but I just tell myself it's more preventive maintenance
wink.gif

If you are using RL or Techron every 10,000 miles odds are the fuel system is clean. MMO is more of a UCL than a cleaner, you would be getting the UCL benefits using it. I got hooked on it in the fuel many many years ago because one of my vehicles sat sometimes for a month of more w/o being started. MMO prevents flash rusting in the cylinders so I thought it would be a good idea. I then started using it in every car on a regular basis.

The Platinum oil needs no MMO to do its job. The REGANE probably made the difference and it usually takes almost a full tank to do its thing. Pour in a bottle of REGANE every 5K and it will keep deposits away.

Originally Posted By: NLeo
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver

Ive seen and heard of 2 cycle. But where can tcw3 be found? Judging by the price im guessing it has PEA?
At wally world, see the SUPER TECH 2 CYCLE BOTTLE OR JUG, HAS TCW3 ON THE LABEL

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

wink.gif

Lol, well yeah in a way. The car sat for a very long time before I got it and I had to get the brakes fixed(needed a new caliper and brake pads for the front-right), bled them, changed the accelerator, oil of course(it was horribly filthy), rear brake light, and it still has no a/c and the there's still a leak in the power steering fluid.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
The Platinum oil needs no MMO to do its job. The REGANE probably made the difference and it usually takes almost a full tank to do its thing. Pour in a bottle of REGANE every 5K and it will keep deposits away.

Yeah I knew it didnt need it but I just thought it was harmless to add it anyway. The Regane gave a good boost in power and smoothness. I also changed the air filter and the brake pads for the front yesterday and that car is running better than ever. All I need now is to swap out the two bad tires on my car with the good ones with my old 96 Contour, rotate them, get a front alignment, and get my doggone a/c fixed when I get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back