Warning about SuperTech MP3614

The gasket sits very high on the ST filter. Wrong gasket or doubled up?
Is the ST filter not supposed to have an orange silicone ADBV? Looks orange down the center at the bottom but not up top.
The ADBV is blue, the orange that you are seeing is the bypass valve on the dome end.
The gasket is very thick compared to any other filter in the same size that I have ever ran, which accounts for some of the issue.

I
Can you use the FL-400S and/or its ST equivalent?
Have never tried the FL400S/51516 size, although it should have no problem fitting, the baseplate is the same specs as the FL910S/Wix-NG51348/Puro-10241, all of which I have used over the years, and there is plenty of space for extra length. I have used this exact size filter for years on everything from my Kohler powered riding mower, to a Saturn, to multiple Toyotas, never an issue until this ST, which is too bad, because I was kind of excited to run it and check it out.

I

Have never tried the FL400S/51516 size, although it should have no problem fitting, the baseplate is the same specs as the FL910S/Wix-NG51348/Puro-10241, all of which I have used over the years, and there is plenty of space for extra length. I have used this exact size filter for years on everything from my Kohler powered riding mower, to a Saturn, to multiple Toyotas, never an issue until this ST, which is too bad, because I was kind of excited to run it and check it out.
You still haven’t told us which vehicle or OPE that you attempted to use the MP3614 on. I gave the measurements for the MP3614 that I have on hand. Could you do the same with your filter?
Doing these things can help determine what is really going on.

By the way, the thicker gasket is something ACdelco supposedly pushed to introduce in these filters. The equivalent white can supertech doesn't have this "feature" (Champ). I have confirmed this with ST12060 and MP12060.

By the way, the thicker gasket is something ACdelco supposedly pushed to introduce in these filters. The equivalent white can supertech doesn't have this "feature" (Champ). I have confirmed this with ST12060 and MP12060.
I didn't realize that, I will have to open up a box of the "10,000 mile" version and check next time I'm at Walmart. Thank you for the info, I appreciate the insight.

We are still waiting on exactly what vehicle or OPE this filter was to have gone on. We still haven’t gotten any measurements on the filter. What in the heck is really going on here?

We are still waiting on exactly what vehicle or OPE this filter was to have gone on. We still haven’t gotten any measurements on the filter. What in the heck is really going on here?
He did mention a Kawasaki mule earlier in the posts so I was thinking that is what he tried to fit this on.

He did mention a Kawasaki mule earlier in the posts so I was thinking that is what he tried to fit this on.
I sure don’t see it. I mentioned a Kawasaki Mule. And, the 3614 filter is the wrong filter for a Kawasaki Mule. The Kawasaki Mule takes a 4967 filter.

Back