Want to Transfer photos - need help

Canon Power shot 360 digital camera with NO hard wire option. I want to upload photos from this camera to my desktop running W 10.

A search shows it using what looks to be the old mini usb cable. I assume you don't have one? also if you have the photos on the memory card can't you put it into your computer, does it have the slot? mine does by chance.

Even if you get it to work it will be a very slow data transfer. YT has tutorials. I checked.

Last edited:
You need to connect your camera to your home wifi or your phone. Page 95 of the user manual linked a few posts above.

Go look at the Amazon 1 star reviews on the Canon PowerShot 360 camera in regards to transferring the photos via the WiFi connection. It looks to be incompatible with Windows 10, but fully compatible with Windows 7. Good luck moving forward in this endeavor, but I doubt you will be successful based solely on those negative reviews.

Amazon PowerShot 360 Reviews

Last edited:
Does your computer have a slot for the camera's memory card?

If not, it must have USB ports. The easiest option might be to buy a USB card reader. I found one in a clearance section once that's just a little bigger than a USB thumb drive. It takes two different sizes of cards and fits the large and small USB ports.

The camera has a memory card which the OP can use a memory card reader but the camera also takes a mini usb and starting around page 126 shows how to use the cable to connect it to the computer which is the best way to do it anyway. It looks like you have to buy the cable, it's in the accessories list but any mini USB to standard is fine.
(WiFI is an issue with configuring it to Windows computers, too many variables, too many versions. It's a waste of time and even if you do it, its slow)
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 8.23.07 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 8.20.59 PM.jpg

Source = https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/2/0300022092/02/elph360hs-ixus285hs-cu1-en.pdf

Canon Power shot 360 digital camera with NO hard wire option. I want to upload photos from this camera to my desktop running W 10.
I have been using the exact same one for years,

IMG_20240221_202803605.jpg

Cable comes with the camera and plugs into the side,

IMG_20240221_202830445.jpg

Why would you want to connect to wifi when I assume you're sitting with the camera right next to the computer at the same time. I may download 10 or 15 times a day when I'm taking pictures of some service work. Connect the cable, press a few buttons and the photos are on the computer. Never even tried wifi.

I have the same camera as well.

In addition to swapping memory cards, you can use a USB cable if you want to upload to your PC, laptop. Or if you have a USB/charger adapter, to your cell phone.

To transfer using wi-fi (I do this for camera-to-cell or vice-versa), download/install the "Camera Connect (Canon)" app from the Play Store onto your phone.

You can also transfer via NFC but I think this is no longer possible on android phones.

There is NO port. So I must take the SD card out and plug it in to my computer or continually try to get the WIFI to work and so far no joy there.

Pull the SD/micro SD from the camera and put it in a USB to SD/micro SD adapter and plug it into the computer. Then it's just like another drive. If that won't work, throw away the camera and use your phone like everybody else.

There is NO port. So I must take the SD card out and plug it in to my computer or continually try to get the WIFI to work and so far no joy there.
Are you saying that your ELPH 360 is not the same as the model owned by atikovi in Post #13? If so, please post photos of all sides of the camera you own.

The port is hidden underneath the gray or black plastic cover panel on the short edge closest to the "Canon" logo. You have to open that cover panel to see it. Watch this video starting at the 1 minute, 20 second mark:

Last edited:
Back