walmart = zero bicycles

Originally Posted by Pablo

Me? I want to finally get a good suspension mountain bike that is also good for a geezer. Not really anything available either, but I have my eyes on a $2000 Specialized Stumpjumper ST Alloy 27.5, small. So tempting...........I want a bike this time that is a bit smaller (S) than my recommended size (lower end of M), full suspension, dropper seat post, etc
grin2.gif

Take a look at Canyon for a little bit more, but check the components. Back in stock soon it says
https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mountain-bikes/trail-bikes/neuron/neuron-al-7.0/2515.html?dwvar_2515_pv_rahmenfarbe=BK%2FGY

My wife asked for a new bike from me as well, she was on a 26" MOTOBECANE
shocked2.gif

Anyway my local LBS was able to hook me up considering I have been a long term client. But wow they were really short on bikes, I guess I got lucky. She loves her new bike and I am jealous of the color it looks great
https://www.liv-cycling.com/us/pique-29-3

[Linked Image from images.giant-bicycles.com]
I tried to look at the Canyon website and it sucks so bad I gave up. Might be a great bike but can't get past their site.

My daughter has a LIV and we chuckle as this is her name. I think the same model and nearly the same purchase circumstances. Her and her husband walked into a LBS and bought the last one.

We are just going to be patient.

was in walmart a few times over the last couple months, they have zero bikes on the racks. It amazes me how certain "hobby" items are almost impossible to get because of COVID. You would think WM would have a supply chain robust enough to make bicycles as fast as people can buy them.

Years ago … bought a couple nice bikes (needed minor work) at a police auction … guess some cities still do that …

Walmart sells bikes that are adequate for many people but some of their assembly practices are comical! We would see some really strange cable routing, stems installed backwards, forks installed backwards, brakes out in left field,,, Many come into the shop for a (needed) tune-up.
We saw the shortages coming and stocked up on tubes, tires, parts and even that stuff is running short. On a brighter note, some new bikes are just starting to trickle in!

Back