Walmart Value Everstart Battery

Three years and a month on a weekend-driven F150. Group 65 big ole boy. And yes I threw a charger on it occasionally.

Replaced it with the same. Bought two more for my w250 plow truck and 08 silverado, modded the trays to make them fit.

These batteries aren't phenomenal, but they'll do.

For a few extra bucks I think the Maxx is a better value just for it's warranty alone. 3 year free replacement/2 year prorated

Daughter's car has been rocking one for a bit now

Screenshot_2019-11-09-13-08-28.png

For a few extra bucks I think the Maxx is a better value just for it's warranty alone. 3 year free replacement/2 year prorated

I'm confused. "A few extra bucks" really means almost twice the price.

$55 versus $100. Just for the warranty?

I'll be going out and grabbing a Value Group 65 once this cold spell is over, and all of the inventory is nice and fresh.

I had a "willard" battery in the Cherokee for years. Worst battery ever - It only vented to the front and didn't have any gaskets on the vent so when I Would go down a hill it would leak out all over the battery cables and the radiator hoses.

I just replaced it with a cheap walmart neverstart. The willard battery (literally) exploded on the charger after 5 years of service. So I had to hose down the Jeep with baking soda and put in the neverstart.

We'll find out how long it lasts!

I'm confused. "A few extra bucks" really means almost twice the price.

$55 versus $100. Just for the warranty?

I'll be going out and grabbing a Value Group 65 once this cold spell is over, and all of the inventory is nice and fresh.
I think there was $20 difference in the group I was looking at

I had two years on 24F on an older (01) ungaraged (lots of summer sun) Tacoma when I sold it. It was still getting the job done. I periodically put a low amp maintainer on all my batteries including topic EveVal. Have another on an older Accord (garaged) with Group 35 now with ~19 months on it. If I get 2.5 years I'll be satisfied, very satisfied 3-3+ years.

As aside since Everstart Maxx shown, advised a family member to get the same Group 35 battery shown for a Rogue with OE battery that barely made 3 years. It's currently the everyday lowest priced full 3 year warranty battery I could find. We'll see how it holds up. Seem the two year pro ration now gone, no biggie to me.

My Value Everstart had it's 1st Birthday last month....the month of it's manufacture is likely the month listed on the round sticker atop (1/20) as 3 Walmarts' shelves were empty the week before.
It was the only G59 available that wasn't a year old and covered with dust.
It started my truck robustly yesterday morning at 2℉.
I would've purchased the "5 year battery" Hogwash pictured had there been one. I too recall a $20-$30 difference.

have one in my wifes ford focus 3 years and counting , still starts strong wifes car wouldn't start in Walmart's parking lot so that's where she got it installed...said it was a 24 month battery...I take it's an economy battery of sorts , I cant complain

The Group 65 Value Power I had in my F150 lasted 16 months. I replaced it with an Everstart Maxx.
I am at 26 months on that one, and am noticing it is not as strong as it used to be, even after being on a charger.
Maybe this cold snap will kill it and I will get a "free" replacement for it.

ValuePower-65 battery made in May 2018 for use in a 4.0 Jeep lasted about 15 months, just a few months past its 1-year replacement warranty. The Jeep drove about 10-12K miles during that time and has always been left outside, not garaged. Replaced it with an Everstart Value, which looks like the same thing. We'll see how this one do. It hasn't failed yet but the start has been getting weaker in this weather and the Jeep has only been driven for about 7K miles between Summer of 2019 and now. Maxx is probably more cost efficient.

Back