Walmart SuperTech oil source info... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a Minute... is Group 3 synthetic good? is Group 1 dino good?.................................................................

is 18% group 3 Synthetic mixed with 82% Group 1 Dino oil good? I"ve used Supetech Semi Synthetic on 7 different oil changes in my Hyundai Tiburon.

I guess its good cuz my car has 85,000 miles and its running smooth still. but what about the internals?

From Canadian perspective, Walmart Tech2000 dino oils in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada has an official "SaftyKleen" shelf description on every dino Walmart oil except the syn oils, no source posted on shelves for them. I was told by one Walmart auto manager at one point that "SafetyKleen" was a part of Esso, I dont know about that, what I was told. I have heard American Supertech is bottle into Tech2000 bottles for Canadian consumer use. SafteyKleen may only be the bottler or any brand of oil used in States or refined for Canadian use, who knows?

Walmart Canada is now posting sources of their dino oils, I would like to see sources of syn oils too.

Cyprs

Safety Kleen got it's start supplying the parts washers for automotive and industrial shops and then doing the routine servicing of them.

Since then they have become a company which does a lot of environmental waste recovery.

At one point years ago they sold oil filters and other supplies to the automotive garages, but I think they got out of that long ago.

They also have at times been a motor oil recycler, and may still be. It seems like years ago some of WalMart's house brand oils were labeled as being a recycled product. Maybe that is how Safety Kleen became a WalMart Canada motor oil supplier.

It is safe to assume that with private label commodity products various regional WalMarts will have different sources, and that these sources can change at any time without notice. Like it or not, most of the world thinks of motor oils as a generic commodity.

I did find a Mack Trucks document which references Safety Kleen oils on an approved list, some under the "America's Choice" brand name. Isn't America's Choice another WalMart house brand?
Mack Trucks Approved Oil List
John

Informative post on SafetyKleen John, Tech2000 WallyWorld dino oil on shelves in Canada is recycled oil, the Walmart auto manager could not give much info on the syn oil or syn/blend oils except he believed Walmart signed a contract with Esso/Mobil last year Sept. for syn oils & blends.

My brother-in-law uses this 15-40 CI-4/sl dino recycled SafetyKleen Walmart oil in two John Deere tractors and swears by this SKleen oil. He tells me it is as good as John Deere oil and this SKleen oil is over a buck per litre/quart less in Canadian currency than J.D oil which is actually Esso XD3.

Cyprs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back